- Salary package: $86,851 to $95,869 per year (HEW 6), plus 17% employer pension contribution and annual leave
- Type of appointment: Permanent full-time position
- Location: Macquarie University (North Ryde)
We are looking for a well-organized and experienced Work-Integrated Learning Officer to coordinate and provide quality support services, detailed information and guidance for student internships and work-integrated learning for undergraduate students. and postgraduate from the Faculty of Medicine, Health and Humanities.
Reporting to the Work-Integrated Learning Team Leader and working within our Work-Integrated Learning team, this role will coordinate and support the delivery of a diverse range of work-integrated learning for students, including clinical placements, internships, student volunteering, internships and co-operational programs. The role will be responsible for the proper execution of investment activities, ensuring compliance with legislative and regulatory regulations as well as fostering positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders and investment partners.
You will have excellent knowledge and proven expertise in the coordination and administration of student internships and work-integrated learning programs in a higher education setting. Your ability to manage multiple tasks, competing deadlines and your adaptability to changing circumstances will be essential to the successful functioning of the position. Excellent communication skills and a customer orientation with the ability to maintain confidentiality and communicate effectively with people at all levels will also be key to success in this role.
Macquarie is the university for pioneering spirits. Globally recognized as one of Australia’s leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities are revealed. We helped people hear, brought wireless internet technology to the world and broke traditional boundaries by appointing Australia’s first female Vice-Chancellor.
At Macquarie, you’ll join a vibrant community with diverse perspectives, all working towards a better future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by a beautiful campus of parks, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and swimming pools, child care centres, an on-campus train station and the new Macquarie Center shopping complex. the next door.
Macquarie University Faculty of Medicine, Health and Humanities builds on our aspiration to have the nation’s first fully integrated academic health sciences center under the direction of a university. It brings together the excellent work of medical and paramedical clinicians and researchers across the University and the country, with unparalleled access to the cutting-edge clinical resources and research facilities found only on our campus.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light. Macquarie is a university committed to the real and often complex issues and opportunities that define our lives. Since our founding 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different kind of university. Over the years we have grown to become the center of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online by submitting your CV and a separate cover letter (2 pages maximum) that demonstrates how you meet the following selection criteria:
- Advanced degree in business, management or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge and expertise of student placements and work-integrated learning programs, including experience developing detailed rosters and schedules, tracking student placement progress, resolving issues compliance, process improvement administration and provision of advice and information.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships, with a focus on providing superior customer service to key stakeholders.
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to work and communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, including staff and students.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting internships in healthcare settings with the ability to adapt to changing policies and processes.
- Time management and organizational skills, and experience coordinating and delivering to competing deadlines.
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office suite and database systems.
Given the current Australian Government’s COVID-19 border restrictions, applications for this position are only accepted from Australian citizens or permanent residents or persons currently residing in Australia with full employment rights.
For more details on the position, please see the job description here:
Specific requests: Rachael Rotton at firstname.lastname@example.org
General Information: Jasmine Xia at email@example.com
Applications Close: March 27, 2022 (11:55 p.m.) AEDT
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognize the strength of a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our people drive collaboration, innovation and impact.
We strive to ensure true equality of opportunity for people, regardless of gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or marital status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.