|Remuneration:||R15000 – R20000 per month cost for business|
|Remote work:||Remote work only|
- Manage daily blog posting for GVI People & Planet websites as determined by an editorial calendar.
- Collaborate with the operations team to ensure an efficient website process is followed for blog uploads.
- Manage necessary editorial content on blog landing page, blog post pages and blog category pages.
- Management of blog categories and tags. Adjust these for existing blogs and add them for new blogs in consultation with the communications team.
- Effectively manage your publishing needs to ensure the best use of your time.
- Assist the Web Content Manager in rolling out updated information to the hub on a quarterly basis.
- Edit website content as necessary to ensure consistency and accuracy. Mainly focusing on blog landing page, blog post pages and blog category pages.
- Support the web content management team by updating monthly promotional material.
- Support the web content management team to ensure an efficient program launch and update process.
What you are going to need
- Mastery of SEO and content management systems.
- Familiar with WordPress or have demonstrable experience and the ability to acquire WordPress editing skills within a reasonable time frame.
- Interested in website management, operations, marketing and communications.
- Have a keen eye for detail.
- Have an eye for design and the ability to edit website content with high quality.
- Have strong organizational skills
- Enjoy problem solving and meeting deadlines.
- Proactive and autonomous with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Experience using Gutenberg WordPress theme, basic photo editing or photography (advantageous).
- Have a passion for the industry and the mission of our organization.
- Have a passion for sustainability, conservation, community building and travel
What’s in it for you?
- Build your WordPress editing skills, using various builders and themes such as Gutenberg, DIVI, and WP Bakery, to name a few.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with the marketing team to come up with relevant and trending new ideas for our target audience.
- The opportunity to receive additional exposure and in-house training sessions in areas such as social media, paid media, content writing, email marketing, blogging and SEO optimization, for to name a few.
- Work in a dynamic and agile environment, for those interested in the travel, education or sustainability industries.
About UsGVI is a multi-award winning international social enterprise whose mission is to build a global network of people united by their passion to make a difference. We run programs in 13 countries around the world aligned with the goals of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. GVI is a platform for personal growth, and our people have the ability to grow across teams, departments and even sites! We value passion, authenticity, entrepreneurship and innovation and treat all of our stakeholders with respect and compassion above all else. You can learn more about the types of work we do and who we are as an organization here. To applySend us your CV along with a cover letter stating why you think you are the best person for this position. Please note: We will do our best to respond to all applicants, however, given the large number of applications we receive, this may not always be possible. If you do not hear from us within three to four weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Published on 05 April 08:41, Closing date 3 June