- $72,578 – $79,393 (G05) plus 17% superannuation
- 2x full-time continuing roles
- Several fixed-term roles (part-time request will be considered)
Position reference: 867315
Curtin University is ranked in the top 1% of universities in the world (ARWU 2018 and QS World University Rankings 2019) and ranks 20th in the world for universities under 50 (QS Top 50 Under 50 2019). Curtin is WA’s preferred university, with very committed industry-facing partners. A major global player, with well-integrated campuses in Singapore, Malaysia, Mauritius and Dubai.
The university has four faculties: Faculty of Health Sciences, Faculty of Business and Law, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Faculty of Humanities.
An exciting opportunity exists to provide high quality administrative support to teaching in various faculties across the university.
In this role, you will
- Support faculty learning and teaching administration activities
- Ensure critical university dates and deadlines are met.
- Assist with course and unit preparation and processes.
- Answer questions and provide students with access to course and unit materials.
- Execute administrative processes related to learning and teaching.
We are looking for someone with
- Demonstrated ability to provide advice to others on procedural matters and ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, in particular the ability to deal with a wide variety of people with cross-cultural sensitivity, providing customer-focused service.
- Demonstrated well-developed written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate information clearly and professionally.
- Demonstrated ability to organize work activities according to priorities and to multi-task to ensure that deadlines are effectively met.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and problem solve ability arising from non-standard issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team.
- Demonstrated computer literacy with skills in a wide range of applications including word processing and/or spreadsheet packages and email
- Experience in a position related to students and/or academic support.
- Demonstrated understanding of relevant policies and procedures.
- Proficiency with Curtin systems, applications and programs such as Blackboard, Student One and Akari.
Why choose Courtin?
- A flexible benefits package with excellent retirement provisions.
- A vibrant campus with a gym, daycare, wellness programs, medical and counseling services.
- Work began on extending the Curtins facility; Exchange aims to be an industry-connected innovation hub.
- Curtin continues to be a leader in reconciliation in the higher education sector, being one of the first universities to receive accreditation for an Elevate RAP – the highest level of the workplace RAP framework. of Reconciliation Australia.
- The University was recently named one of Australia’s Inclusive Employers for 2019-2020 by the Diversity Council of Australia (DCA)
- A major global player, with well-integrated campuses in Singapore, Malaysia, Mauritius and Dubai.
For more information about Curtin and all of our benefits, visit https://about.curtin.edu.au/jobs/
Please provide a CV and cover letter with sufficient information and examples to allow us to assess your suitability for the position.
To view a copy of the job description for the role, please copy and paste the following link into your browser:
If you have a question regarding the application process, please contact:
Penny Kelly – Academic Support Manager
Closing of applications: 9:00 PM AWST Sunday, March 27, 2022
- Prior to appointment, the recommended candidate(s) will be required to have an up-to-date criminal record check in accordance with the University’s National Police Certificate Assessment Procedures.
COVID 19 – Vaccination policy
Applicants should note that Curtin University has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and Procedures which covers all staff, students, campuses and activities, effective February 21, 2022.
If you are invited to attend the next stage of assessments, you may be required to provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status (or formally granted exemption) upon arrival, and if you are offered a position at Curtin , you will need to provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccination or exemption status before starting work.
Inclusion and Diversity at Curtin
We are committed to ensuring that Curtin has an inclusive, harassment-free environment in which all students, staff, and community feel respected, valued, and welcome.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, women and people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, and are committed to making reasonable adjustments to enable people with disabilities to participate fully. to our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.
We have been recognized in this area:
- Voted one of Australia’s Inclusive Employers for 2019-2020 (Diversity Council of Australia).
- Became one of the first universities to receive accreditation for a High Reconciliation Action Plan.
- Achieved Athena Swan Bronze accreditation (2018-2020).
- Voted 16th best place to work for new dads in Australia (HBF – Direct Advice for Dads, 2019)
Curtin reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to book appointments or to nominate by invitation, at any time. We reserve the right to withdraw the advertisement before the date indicated on the advertisement.