A major player in the social and solidarity economy, the French Red Cross runs a network of more than 600 establishments and services in the health, medico-social and training sectors.
It also manages 12 regional health and social training institutes.
Member of the world’s largest humanitarian network, the French Red Cross employs more than 17,000 people who, through more than 70 professions, put their professionalism at the service of the most vulnerable in medico-educational institutes, nurseries, retirement homes . , functional rehabilitation centers, emergency accommodation centers, training centers, international missions, etc.
The French Red Cross is returning to Palestine for the first time since 2009 after recently securing funding from the French Development Agency (AFD) for a five-year project. The project consists of supporting the strategic and programmatic development of the Ibn Sina College of Health Sciences in Nablus, Palestine, through the redesign of the curriculum to adapt it to international LMD standards, digitalization, modernization of simulation laboratories and the creation of a continuing education center, a
IGP research laboratory and action plan. The French Red Cross will work in collaboration with the University of Montreal, the Palestinian Red Crescent and the Palestinian Ministries of Higher Education and Health. Located in the West Bank, Ibn Sina College currently enrolls 300 students and has the ambition to become a “leading college in nursing and midwifery, both locally and internationally, embracing the principles of lifelong learning”. for its students and healthcare staff, through skills-based programs, skills and evidence-based practices”. Another component of the project includes the construction of a new school to accommodate students from Ibn Sina College; this part is managed directly by AFD. The project will start in October 2022.
– Supervise and, if necessary, ensure the financial, accounting and budgetary management of the delegation as well as the management of administrative and legal files.
– Supervise and, if necessary, ensure the implementation and monitoring of the HR policy of the mission and coordinate its implementation in the delegation in accordance with the legislation of the country, the HR policy and the development of FRC staff
– Supervise and if necessary, ensure the logistical management of the delegation.
– Ensures that support functions are strengthened and appropriate systems are in place to adequately support program implementation in all aspects
– Ensure the management and capacity building of the Administrative Manager and the Logistics Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
● Master’s degree in business administration, finance or humanitarian/logistics finance.
● Minimum of 2 years of demonstrable relevant experience in a similar position.
● Strong human resource management skills.
● Strong knowledge of accounting principles, financial systems, budget/cash monitoring and internal accounting controls
● Essential computer skills (word, excel, internet).
● Knowledge and experience of donor and government grant regulations and financial reporting requirements.
● Senior management experience in strategic financial and operational management.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
● Knowledge of the Red Cross Movement
● Knowledge and exposure to the social and cultural values of the region.
● Interest in understanding the geopolitical context
● Pedagogy and coaching for national staff
● Flexibility and ability to adapt quickly
● Strong interpersonal skills and proven team player
● Able to solve complex problems and exercise independent judgment
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Good analytical skills with good attention to detail
● Commitment to and understanding of FRC’s vision, mission and values.
Join us !
You want to join a large association that works daily with vulnerable people!
You are looking for meaning and want to flourish within a company attached to its values.
You attach importance to the principles and values defended and carried by the French Red Cross (Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Volunteering, Unity, Universality).
Start date October 1, 2022
How to register
Click here to apply: https://emploi.international.croix-rouge.fr/fe/tpl_CroixRouge02.asp?s=4A515F4E5A565B1A&jobid=91032,2398123434&key=81567942&c=126134157778&pagestamp=segsqgxnfftdykxrot