We are looking for a Store Manager to help us grow into the next exciting chapter of Switchback Sports. The Store Manager must be someone who is passionate about the outdoors and eager to help customers and staff on their journey to explore our amazing world and keep the sports we all love alive. We are looking for someone with great leadership skills who can train staff and provide an amazing guest experience for our guests. We are excited to expand into new product segments as well as expand our footprint in the Mountain West region. We are still a young company and there is continued room for growth and upward mobility within the company.
Prime – 2x per year to be paid in May/November
Advantages – 401k, 4% match, monthly healthcare allowance, ski pass, Pro forms
- Must have knowledge of all in-store products and services.
- Maintain a clean and well-stocked retail environment.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Build and maintain a professional and customer-friendly service standard.
- Have the ability to hire and train all aspects of daily operations. This includes product knowledge, planning and all shop processes relating to retail, rental, repair, rental delivery and sales.
- Able to evaluate and review employee performance.
- Must be able to communicate Switchback Sports and Skis on the Run culture, values and goals to employees, community and guests.
- Responsible for all retail inventory. This includes shrinkage, accuracy of inventory counts and receipt, labeling and delivery of products to respective departments.
- Responsible for all hours, opening and closing of the store.
- Coordinate and manage transportation for ski and bike delivery rentals.
- Responsible for cash management, rental invoicing and reconciliation of customer payments.
- Understanding and execution of all safety standards for employees and guests.
- Knowledge of risk management and corporate liability.
- Manage and react to all P&L including payroll, cost of goods, discounts, etc.
- Must be able to execute summer and winter buying strategies.
- Build community connections that lead to business involvement in local events, organizations, educational foundations, etc.
- Provide mid-season and end-of-season evaluations for all employees.
- Manage the staff of Retail Manager, Service Manager, Retail Sales, Service Manager and Service Technicians.
- Support the Switchback Sports online store.
- Support the Director of Sales and Marketing to build and maintain relationships with local partners.
- Support the CTO for all comments, suggestions and communications from technology to staff.
- Reports to Area Manager – Park City.
All other assigned tasks, activities and processes
Job type: Full time
- 401(k) correspondence
- Employee discount
- Monday to Friday
- Availability on weekends
Types of additional compensation:
Ability to move/move:
- Retail Management: 3 years (Required)
- Ski or bike shop: 2 years (Required)