Weekend work, hospital discharge team
This is a weekend job. The work pattern is Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. The team’s hours of operation are between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m., in the future the team will operate between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. We ask candidates to be flexible in their work habits.
For informal discussion regarding this position, please contact: Mara.Francis@lancashire.gov.uk
What can we offer you?
- Flexible work opportunities
- A competitive salary
- Inclusion in the local government pension scheme
- The possibility of contributing to an Additional Voluntary Contribution (AVC) scheme in addition to the occupational pension.
- Generous annual leave plus the ability to purchase additional leave throughout the year
- A wide range of benefits are available, from discounts at local retailers to financial assistance
- Access to a credit union
- Reimbursement of registration body membership fees (if registration is an essential requirement of your role)
- Strong links with neighboring higher education institutions through the Greater Lancashire Education Partnership
- Enrollment in the Adult Social Care Academy, a bespoke training program that supports staff through their first year with Adult Social Care
- Assessed and Supported Year-Long Employment (ASYE) Enrollment and Support for Newly Qualified Social Workers
- Opportunities to gain additional role-specific qualifications through learning programs
- Access to a wealth of practical resources as part of our Research in Practice subscription
- A well-established staff health and wellness program
- Maternity, paternity, adoption, parental and caregiver leave
- sickness benefits
- Bike-to-work program according to www.cyclescheme.co.uk
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you and you think you have what we are looking for, please apply to work with us using the documents below to help you write your application:
*Please ensure you have uploaded and attached your supporting statement to demonstrate that you meet the criteria for the position. The panel may not be able to shortlist you for an interview without this evidence.
Applications may be considered if you are working towards an essential qualification for the position you are applying for, expecting to be completed, within the next 3 months from the date of application.
The position for which you are applying is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful, you will need to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a “disclosure”. More information is available in the tab “Our recruitment process”.
You will be required to provide a car for use within the duties of this position and you must be insured for business use. However, we can consider you if you cannot drive due to a disability. Applications may also be considered by those whose ability to drive has been directly affected by the pandemic due to DVLA delays and difficulties in finding lessons. However, this depends on the needs of the service and decisions are at the discretion of the hiring manager. It will be required that anyone successfully appointed and unable to drive will be required to pass their exam and provide a car as part of their job duties during their 6 month probationary period.
In line with the Board’s response to COVID-19, interviews will be conducted via Microsoft Teams video conferencing, for which support will be provided.
This post is a COVID-19 critical post. The successful candidate(s) will be required to undergo regular COVID-19 testing and are strongly encouraged to accept the COVID-19 vaccination offer.
We look forward to considering your application.
In return, Lancashire County Council offers a range of benefits, available on our website here
We reserve the right to close a vacancy early, before the closing date, if we receive enough applications.
Job Description and Person Specification
- Minimum wage: 22129
- Maximum salary: 25927
- Remuneration basis: annual
- Type of schedule: Part-time
- Type of contract: CDI
- Hours: 29.6
- Closing date: Sep 25, 2022