If you are looking for a dynamic and challenging role in supporting the development of children and youth with a variety of physical, developmental and communication challenges, THRIVE has a position for you. Using a family-centered, strengths-based approach, our experienced and dedicated professional staff provide a range of assessments, interventions and community services building on the unique strengths, gifts and talents of the family. child so that they and their families can truly GROW!
THRIVE Child Development Center/Centre de développement de l’enfant is a non-profit incorporated children’s treatment center staffed by occupational therapists, physical therapists, speech language pathologists, social workers, therapy assistants, early childhood, ABA therapists and support staff. . We provide interdisciplinary pediatric rehabilitation, respite care, an on-site child care program and resource support to community child care centers in Sault Ste. Marie and throughout the District of Algoma. Visit www.kidsthrive.ca for more information.
We are looking for a full-time Service Planning Coordinator for a one-year contract (with possible extension) to support families of children and youth with multiple and/or complex special needs by connecting them with good services in their service delivery area and monitor the progress of children and young people through the service plan as they grow. This position operates under a hybrid work model (a mix of home and office workdays) and will be based out of one of THRIVE’s offices in Sault Ste. Marie (travel may be required).
We believe in the power of teamwork and partnership, and in achieving excellence through innovation, curiosity and optimism. In addition to our fun and collaborative work environment, we also offer: competitive pay, access to the Employee Family Assistance Program, flexible hours, vacation pay and paid time off options (including office closure during winter break), opportunities for professional development and growth, and participation in a defined benefit pension plan (Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan HOOPP).
What we need from you:
– Degree in social work (preferred), or in health or social services
– Membership in a regulatory college is required
– Demonstrated experience working with a family-centered approach
– Ability to solve problems, develop strategies and action plans to follow.
– Ability to establish and maintain relationships with children with special needs.
– Ability to organize, prioritize and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
– Sensitive to linguistic, cultural, social, economic, individual and positional differences among staff, providers and children/families served.
– Ability to communicate in both official languages is an asset
– Satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening (CPIC)
– Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement
– Access to a reliable vehicle as travel within the district to other Center sites may be required.
If you want to join an amazing team of professionals to create a future of opportunity for children, submit your resume and cover letter by visiting our website (https://kidsthrive.bamboohr.com/jobs/). Application deadline: April 15, 2022
Everyone is welcome – as an inclusive workplace, we are committed to creating a positive and welcoming space within our organization, for our customers, families, volunteers, employees and community partners.
All applications are appreciated; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. THRIVE Child Development Center is an equal opportunity employer and offers accommodations to applicants with disabilities upon request. THRIVE’s requirement that employees be fully immunized is subject to any duties to accommodate it may have under the Human Rights Code.