TITLE: Regional Operations Coordinator
TEAM/PROGRAM: Program operations
LOCATION: Dakar (Senegal) with possible travel to country offices
TO NOTE: To confirm
THE DURATION OF THE CONTRACT: Two years
CHILD PROTECTION :
Level 3: The role holder will have contact with children and/or young people That is frequently (eg once a week or more) or intensively (eg four days in a month or more or overnight) because they work in national programs; or visit country programs; more because they are responsible for the implementation of the personnel of the control/verification process of the police.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Regional Operations Coordinator is a member of the WCA Program Operations Department. The purpose of the role is to provide basic operational and administrative support to the Regional Operations team (primarily the Regional Program Operations Manager and the two Regional Operations Managers), in the oversight they have and the support they have. it provides to country offices and regional programmes. Such support could involve visiting country offices. This is an exciting role for an entry-level to intermediate INGO practitioner willing to learn from and contribute to strengthening the operational platform and overall work of the Save the Children regional office. The incumbent should have general skills in program management, support and supervision.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Regional Operations Manager #1
Line management: Regional Operations Manager #2 & Regional Program Operations Director
Dimensions: Save the Children works in 9 countries in WCA (Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, DRC, Liberia Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone)
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Program operations support
- Provide overall support to the Regional Program Operations Director and Regional Operations Managers in their oversight and management of the operations of the Country Office and Regional Programs, through various assigned tasks
- Attend meetings and calls as required and serve as note taker and action tracker (weekly operations meetings, monthly project reviews, meetings with country office program operations directors, etc.)
- Assist in drafting all key communications from regional office operations to country offices: weekly status of expenditure updates, monthly status updates of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), etc.
- Gather, maintain and be the custodian of all key operations improvement initiatives, guidance and tools within the Regional Operations Department
- Coordinate with other regional departments (Finance, Supply Chain, HR, Safety & Security, Program Development and Quality) on Operations team requests/needs
- Assist in coordinating the start-up of regional and country programs as required with all other regional functional departments and country office departments
- Engage in and review key project documents/reports and provide input
- Support the Regional Director of Program Operations in coordinating key risk management processes at the regional level, such as updating, reviewing and consolidating country office risk management plans, risk assessments diversion of aid and letters of assurance on behalf of the core operations team, and support the production of risk management reports at Save the Children International headquarters
- Support on key Operations recruitment processes and act as an interface with HR (screening of CVs, participation in panels, etc.)
- In collaboration with Country Office Program Operations Managers and the Regional Operations team, establish and maintain the regional operations talent roster across West and Central Africa
- Assist in the process of integrating new Save the Children staff into the operations team and their role
- Ensure strong coordination with all functions of the regional office to facilitate smooth information flow and sharing when it comes to operational matters
- Direct filing and archiving of information using Microsoft Teams or SharePoint
- Contribute to regional reports on operational matters (regional quarterly reports or any other regional reports deemed necessary)
- Collect, interpret and analyze key performance indicators and country office benchmarks
- Create and maintain a file with all key operational documents and serve as a repository
- Translation of documents in French or English
- Support the general planner of the operations team (field visits, trainings, workshops, etc.)
- Administrative and logistical support (visas, air tickets, hotel reservations, transportation to/from airport, per diem, expense reconciliation)
- Facilitate the procurement of supplies for the operations team
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Recommended a minimum of 3 years of project management experience in INGO/NGO environment
- Willingness to learn and adapt quickly to a rapidly changing work environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Experience in INGO/NGO program management, administrative and operational support in a regional office
- Strong project management skills related to organizational development projects and international, cross-functional and integrated teams
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options, reflect and plan
- Fluency in written and spoken French and good command of English
- Mastery of the MS Office package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
- Knowledge of analyzing and presenting data using a variety of media
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s goals, values and principles, including rights-based approaches
- Experience in promoting children’s participation in programming, design, implementation and evaluation
- Experience of working in difficult and precarious and/or similar contexts.
- Ability and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult working conditions.
Additional Job Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities described above are not exhaustive and the incumbent may be required to perform additional duties within the reasonable limits of his level of skills and experience.
The incumbent is required to perform their duties in accordance with SCI’s policies and procedures on equal opportunity and diversity.
Child protection :
We must keep children safe so that our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to protecting children from abuse.
Protection of our personnel:
The incumbent is required to perform their duties in accordance with SCI’s Anti-Harassment Policy
Health and security
The role holder is expected to perform their duties in accordance with SCI policies and procedures.
How to register
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS40Mzk0MC4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20