CBM (registered as CBM Christoffel-Blindenmission Christian Blind Mission eV) is an international development organization committed to improving the quality of life of people with disabilities in people’s communities around the world. Based on our Christian values and over 100 years of professional expertise, we address poverty as a cause and consequence of disability. We work in partnership to create an inclusive society for all. To keep pace with growth, we are looking for a Program Manager* Inclusive Eye Health – Maternity Cover
This is a one year fixed term contract. Location: Cambridge, UK.
This position is only filled locally. With the contractual conditions of the respective country. An expatriation is not planned.
These are your responsibilities
- In designated countries, support the development of national inclusive eye health implementation plans and IEH project planning processes, ensuring close alignment with the IEH initiative strategy
- High-level monitoring of the implementation of national eye health plans and projects, active participation in evaluations and integration of results into subsequent planning
- Monitor eye health policies, trends, data and research
- In assigned countries, participate in national planning processes
- Conduct country and program visits as required
- Work as part of a team to support the development of high quality and successful funding applications to institutional donors
- Represent eye health programs to external audiences on behalf of CBM, including the media, policy makers and national governments as appropriate
- Participate in relevant networks
These are your qualities
- Degree in public health, social sciences, development cooperation or equivalent knowledge acquired through professional expertise
- Min. 2 years in a similar role in program management
- Good understanding of trends and policy frameworks in the international eye health sector
- Solid experience and knowledge of project cycle management
- Experience in proposal writing and budgeting
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong self-management skills i.e. time management, decision making and problem solving; “hands-on” mentality
- Independent, agile and flexible working style
- Excellent knowledge of English. Preferably Spanish skills. French would be an advantage
- Computer literacy including experience using Microsoft packages such as Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access
- Committed to CBM’s vision, mission and values
What we offer
- A significant position with a lot of creative freedom in the world’s leading organization in the field of inclusive development of people with disabilities
- Salary scale: 36,000 to 40,000 in accordance with years of experience
- An accessible and agile organization with autonomous people and diverse teams with excellent team spirit
- 1 year of fixed-term maternity cover, 37.5 hours of work per week
- Flexible work, work from home, maternity/paternity/adoption and parental leave policy
- A competitive pension plan. Subject to you making a minimum pension contribution of 5%, CBM will contribute 7% of annual salary to the organization’s pension scheme.
How to register
Please apply exclusively online via our candidate portal: Job Opportunity Program Manager* Inclusive Eye Health – Maternity Cover at Christoffel-Blindenmission Christian Blind Mission eV Jobportal (cbm.org) A cover letter, CV and relevant (professional) references complete your message.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Your contact person: Mr. Adrián Recio Oviedo, email@example.com
*We want to further promote diversity within our teams and therefore welcome applications from people of different ethnic and social backgrounds, religions and worldviews, different ages and genders, and in particular people with disabilities.
*Ability is decisive, gender doesn’t matter!*