For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a militant medical organization committed to international solidarity, has taken care of the most vulnerable populations in France and abroad. He continued to highlight the barriers that exist in access to health care and achieved lasting improvements in health-for-all policies.
The actors of this independent organization do not only provide care and care but denounce attacks on dignity and human rights and fight to improve the situation of populations in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries on all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, risk reduction, migrants and displaced populations (right to health), health and environment.
The current program aims to support local health authorities to deliver quality PHC services (including MHPSS and GBV response) and to continue building the capacity of local public health authorities in Kirkuk and Nineveh governorates, to provide quality care and meet the health needs of IDPs. , returnees and vulnerable host communities. This includes:
- A combination of direct and complementary services, including general health, sexual and reproductive health (SRH), while contributing to health system strengthening through capacity building at the DOH level
- Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MSPSS)
- Gender-based violence (GBV) integrated into PHCC general health services, SRH and MHPSS services
- In a cross-cutting approach, MdM plans to develop an approach based on community health (CHB) to ensure community participation, while empowering individuals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direct supervision of the general coordinator, you design, manage, coordinate, adapt and evaluate the strategy of a range of programs in an area, in line with the strategic plan. You propose strategic orientations in the field concerned, animate and manage a team, build cohesion and motivation. You directly manage a Medical Advisor, MHPSS Advisor, GBV Advisor and MEAL Advisor. You work in close collaboration with the entire coordination team and in close collaboration with the field teams, in particular the program managers.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Provide support in program coordination to ensure consistent quality, including the incorporation of cross-cutting themes like GBV and community outreach
- Ensure integration and coordination of health, MHPSS and GBV activities into program activities
- Organize and guide grant meetings (opening, review and closing)
- Conduct frequent field visits to support monitoring, quality control and mentorship of program staff
- Support the further implementation of the surveillance system
- Provide monthly quantitative and qualitative analysis of MdM programs
- Ensure proper monitoring of program activities and indicators
Program development and reports
- Monitor the evolution of the humanitarian situation in the country and consider strategic and immediate responses
- Participate in the identification of health needs
- Actively participate in the development of the mission’s operational strategy
- Coordinate, supervise and participate in exploratory missions and needs assessments
- Ensure the quality of needs assessments and reports
- Coordinate the development of proposals
- Ensure that new strategic orientations are taken into account and implemented
Support and development of the national partnership
- Support the assessment of national partnership opportunities
- Develop with the technical coordination team and national partners joint projects and interventions
- Provide support for the coordination of national partner programs
- Identify the capacity building needs of the partner NGO and ensure that trainings and coaching are planned
- Monitor and evaluate national partner program activities and ensure lessons learned sessions
- Ensure proper understanding of MdM’s internal regulations in the mission
- Manage and supervise staff under your direct supervision and ensure that objectives are set and appraisals are carried out
- Support the technical team and program managers in their program management and capacity building of their teams
- Ensure proper coordination and communication
- Represent MdM at the national level with government authorities, NGOs, UN agencies and other external actors
- Participate in regular coordination meetings held at national level regarding program implementation and development
- Actively participate, during a donor visit, in the preparation and management of the visit
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Status : Employee Fixed-term contract
- Start date: as soon as possible until December 31, 2022
- Gross monthly salary: 2,940 euros
- Expatriation bonus (10% of gross salary per month)
- Transport costs, vaccines and visas covered
- Accommodation in bed and breakfast
- 22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
- 5 weeks of paid vacation per year
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
- Repatriation insurance…)
- Teleworking agreement for positions eligible for teleworking: 110 days/year (minimum 1 day per week on site)
- Given the current circumstances of the Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
- Doctors of the World promotes training and internal mobility
- Single display
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A master’s degree in international development, public health and/or humanitarian aid, international relations or other relevant fields is mandatory
- Masters in Public Health or any qualifications in health related fields is a strong asset
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in the humanitarian sector
- At least 3 years of experience in positions of similar responsibility in a fragile crisis context, preferably in the Middle East and/or in a conflict environment
- Solid knowledge of project cycle management, the international humanitarian funding system and donor requirements
- Languages: fluent English mandatory, Arabic, Kurdish or French are an asset
- You adhere to the fundamental values and support the proactive philosophy of Doctors of the World.
TELEPHONE INQUIRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacant position before the deadline for submitting applications.
MdM defends the integration of people with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
How to register
To apply, please click on the following link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JnGnEXxa?idpartenaire=128