Laga Industries Limited in Papua New Guinea currently has a vacancy in the Finance and Administration department and is looking for a highly motivated IT Support Manager based in Lae.
VACANT POSITION: IT SUPPORT AGENT
The role of the IT Technical Support Manager is to keep the computer running smoothly for end users, perform hardware/software troubleshooting, installation, setup and configuration. Provide daily technical support to all end users and systems monitoring and management. Troubleshooting may involve using diagnostic tools and tracking help requests, as well as requiring the individual to provide hands-on help at the desktop or via remote support apps/services . The IT Technical Support Manager provides the 1st level of support to end users. The IT Technical Support Manager also supports all applications running on Windows. This role reports to the Senior IT Specialist.
- Provides IT technical support for PC systems hardware and software configuration, diagnostics and troubleshooting
- Provide technical support for any software (utility) issues
- Technical support for Windows 7 and Windows 10 operating systems
- Provide technical support for Microsoft Office 2010/2013/2016/2019
- Provide technical support for all Windows issues
- Configuration of stand-alone or network printers and user assistance
- Configure email and scan to multifunction printers
- Check and perform hardware diagnostics on all new PCs/Laptops.
- Troubleshoot network cabling and power issues at sites
- Run and terminate CAT6 cable
- Configure and install PCs/Laptops on site
- Ability to troubleshoot printers, desktops, laptops and servers at Level 1
- Responsible for outsourcing printer and PC parts
- Create user accounts (Active Directory, Email (MS Exchange), Printers and ERP Pronto)
- Update clients connecting to Symantec Endpoint Manager (SEPM)
- Install SEP antivirus and update virus definition files for all end users
- Update software on PCs and laptops as needed
- Responsible for ensuring that equipment is properly installed and used effectively.
- Work on projects as needed
- Responsible for ensuring that SLAs are met in cases assigned by supervisor or 2IC.
- Ensure that all tasks assigned by the Help Desk are completed in a timely and professional manner.
- Monitor and manage all network connectivity and links
- Perform all site audits as required
Requirements for the position:
- Computer science degree/diploma
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in any IT field
- Preferably in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Membership in a relevant professional order
- Orientation towards customer service
- Works with less supervision
- Ability to troubleshoot logically and find solutions Team player
If you are interested in a rewarding career with Laga Industries Limited, please send your complete application with CV and relevant documentation to the address below.
How to register
Simply send your CV and expression of interest to the company at the following address or by e-mail.
Applications should be sent no later than Friday, June 17, 2022 to:
The human resources manager
Laga Industries Limited
POBox 1441, Lae 411, Morobe Province Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by e-mail or telephone according to the contact address indicated on your CV
Next: Vodafone will bring 4G, 5G network to PNG