This position is advertised internally primarily to Northumberland County Council employees and agency workers. When it is not possible to recruit from the existing staff, the vacant position may subsequently be entrusted to external candidates. Please note that employees working within a school are not considered internal candidates. If you are applying for this position and you are not an internal candidate by this description, your application will not be considered.
We are looking to recruit for a new position in parking services. We are looking for a motivated individual to work as a Parking Services Support Agent, someone:
- who can work both alone and in a team
- who can process information and work at pace while maintaining accurate, high-quality service
- who is computer literate and able to multi-task.
The role will involve working closely with the Performance and Processing Officer and our team of Parking and Processing Assistants to interrogate our bespoke IT systems to produce parking usage data and produce, analyze and present data on challenge responses, CEO performance, and call decisions. identify trends to support service and quality improvement.
As a Parking Services Support Officer, you will also help provide high quality management and financial management information.
What you will do:
• Support the implementation of best practice review and assessment processes within the parking services back office and operations team
• Support the performance and financial management of the department, providing timely and accurate data
• Share knowledge and best practices for continuous improvement of service delivery
• Provide information, feedback and advice to colleagues and the public, and handle inquiries of a complex nature
• Respond to complaints, access to information requests and customer inquiries through multiple communication channels
• Prioritize effectively and complete work on time
• Manage the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes for the department for issuing and processing purchase orders and invoices in accordance with board policy
• Provide administrative support, including helping to provide financial management information and reports, attending meetings, taking notes, and tracking and completing actions
• Replace and provide vacation cover for the Performance & Processing Officer
What we are looking for:
• GCSE in English and Maths or AC equivalent grades
• Excellent letter writing skills and the ability to effectively explain complex information about parking restrictions and civil parking enforcement law in writing and verbally
• Excellent organizational skills and customer service experience
• A proactive approach to effectively managing inquiries and requests, triaging and prioritizing work
• Competent computer skills in Microsoft Office, particularly in Excel to manipulate and analyze data.
• Motivation and determination to complete activities accurately to high standards and on time.
• Ability to influence other staff to continuously improve quality and service delivery
• Experience analyzing financial and other data to identify trends, service/quality improvement patterns
For a copy of the job description / person specification, please click here
To apply, click on the Apply now link below.