Musica Viva exists to create and support a vibrant chamber music industry accessible to people of all backgrounds across Australia.
We work together to help create an Australia where chamber music thrives and where people of all ages, cultures and communities have access and learn to appreciate the vital role of music in building a stronger, more creative world.
The Operations Manager, Concerts for Musica Viva Australia is responsible for the excellent presentation of Australian and international artists engaged for the concert season, festivals and other major concert activity. This includes managing the scheduling, budgeting and execution of tour logistics for artists touring under these programs and all the details of presenting concerts with venues reserved for performances.
The position also oversees the activities of the Operations Coordinator, working with the Senior Operations Manager.
As this position works closely with other key national office staff to provide logistical support for our representations in Sydney and Newcastle, this role must be based in our national office.
We are proud of our reputation for having an excellent work culture and helping to develop some of the most talented arts professionals in our industry. If you’re brimming with enthusiasm for reaching a wide variety of audiences and are passionate about performing and the arts in Australia in general, you’ll love working with us.
Qualities that will make you successful in this role
- Musical training or an appreciation and knowledge of music
- Previous touring experience and/or artist management experience
- Experience in administering tours and organizing live performing arts presentations
- Exceptionalorganizationaland time management skills
- Availability to visit the highway for long periods several times a year
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines under pressure, with precision and efficiency
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including effective negotiation skills
- Ability to collaborate, work in a team and build strong working relationships with multiple external and internal stakeholders
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Due to the nature of our work and the potential for contact with vulnerable people, it is necessary that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as well as being up to date with any recommended boosters.
- Full current driver’s license
- Management experience
- Experience with CRM database Tessitura (or similar)
Full details of job responsibilities are available in the job description on our website.
Send your curriculum vitae and a letter (maximum 2 pages) introducing yourself and addressing the essential and desirable qualities detailed above to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: In the email subject, add the following code OPSMANCON22 and your LAST NAME. Requests that do not include this code may not be processed correctly.
Inquiries about the role can be made by contacting Director of People and Culture, Sarah Vickers, via email at email@example.com.
Please include a well-written and sufficiently detailed cover letter, as applications lacking appropriate information may not be considered. Please ensure that the application is sent directly to our jobs email address with the correct job code quoted in the subject line of the email. Do not apply via recruitment portals, as your application may not reach us.
Musica Viva is a family-friendly and flexible employer committed to equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from members of First Nations and people from various cultural and regional communities.
We welcome applications from people who identify as having a disability. If at any stage of the recruitment process you require accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.
Apply as soon as possible. Applications will not be accepted after 6 p.m. on Sunday, May 8, 2022. Interviews will take place in the week beginning May 16, 2022. The successful candidate must be able to start by mid-June 2022.
Job title: OPSMANCON22 Operations Manager, Concerts
Reports to: Senior Operations Manager
Supervise: Operations Coordinator
Workplace: Land of Gadigal, Zetland
Type of appointment: Full time, permanent