Maps the capacity needs of the charitable sector, designs appropriate counseling and training projects to fill gaps with appropriate student resources and expertise.
Mapping of the sector
- Conduct in-depth literature research on trends and priorities in the nonprofit ecosystem;
- Identify potential partners as collaborators on data sharing, for example in areas such as fundraising and social impact assessment;
- Study and map the fundraising development needs of charities (online and physical) and highlight student consultation opportunities and synergies with Inte-Co’s mandate;
- Liaise with charities for consultation projects, from identification, concept to proposal development.
Project development and framing
- Negotiate and establish a collaboration agreement with stakeholders on data sharing;
- Work closely with faculty on research projects, as appropriate;
- Assess the scope and depth of consultation projects and pre-engagement training required;
- Write consultation proposals, including definition of required skills and resources (including students);
- Research and apply for grants or funding for consulting projects, if applicable.
Project execution and monitoring
- Recruit, evaluate and schedule students to consult projects;
- Supervise the progress of the project and ensure the quality of the project deliverables;
- Visit local charities to review projects, deliverables and impact;
- Identify areas of need and support capacity building efforts of charitable organizations, including planning and design of management training;
- Submit the final report on the conclusion of the project and identify key priority areas based on the needs, challenges and issues of the sector.
- A postgraduate degree is required from a reputable university; a degree in social sciences will be a plus.
- Preferably 4 to 6 years of related work experience. Senior candidates with a proven track record will also be considered. Preference will be given to applicants who have held administrative research positions in the central office of a large organization.
- Proven leadership skills to inspire and engage multiple stakeholders at all levels, functioning effectively in a complex and ambiguous environment.
- Good understanding of the research community; resilient and resourceful with good problem-solving and critical thinking skills to achieve research objectives.
- Adhere to a high level of professional ethics and integrity.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Proficient in data analysis and communication of research results, financial projections and budgeting. Knowledge of R programming software and MySQL is preferred.
- Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills.