The Senior MEL Coordinator will work with the project team to effectively administer the PAYED project monitoring and evaluation system ensuring that it provides quality, timely and accurate information to assess progress towards established expected results. in the monitoring and evaluation plan. He/She will serve as the primary point of contact for data collection and aggregation that supports project reporting and will provide input to inform project decision-making. It should be understood that the duties outlined below are primary responsibilities, but the employee will be expected to perform all duties as necessary in the context of the changing needs of the project.
The PAYED project helps young retail micro-enterprise owners in Côte d’Ivoire, Kenya, Nigeria and Tanzania develop business and financial management skills, foster business support and connections, optimize performance financial resources, improving store aesthetics, product lines and signage. The duration of the project will be 1 year.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Support the implementation of the MEL for the project, including:
- Manage and execute a work plan for data entry and reporting against project performance indicators and emerging project information needs.
- Implement qualitative and quantitative methods to fill knowledge gaps.
- Participate in the data collection and management process, from primary data source to final report, ensuring quality throughout
- Contribute to the design of forms, surveys and indices as well as the data management system.
- Perform regular data quality assessments, data cleaning and preliminary data analysis. Share and discuss findings to help identify ideas that will inform project implementation strategy.
- Conduct field visits to understand the context and identify new areas of investigation
- Provide technical assistance and training to field staff on their role in data collection, analysis, review and use.
Provide elements for data-driven decision-making:
- Actively participate in a culture of reflection and use of data.
- Provide primary inputs (qualitative and quantitative) for periodic project logframe reviews.
- Support the flow of information within the implementation team and the sharing and analysis of new information.
- Actively engage with field staff on areas for correction, serving as a source of collaborative and thoughtful information to inform project progress.
Participate in the broader M&E ecosystem at TechnoServe:
- Attend capacity building meetings and other relevant MEL related events
- Support access to and understanding of the project’s M&E approach to facilitate regional MEL’s project evaluation against organizational standards and annual impact reports
- Provide contributions to lessons learned that are shared across the project and the wider TechnoServe community
- A bachelor’s degree in economics or other social science, business administration or relevant field and a minimum of 2 years of experience in program management or implementation of results-based MEL systems.
- Knowledge of the SME sector, including market players, characteristics, standards and institutions.
- Experience of participating in the implementation of MEL methods and methodologies (such as qualitative, quantitative and participatory methods).
- Knowledge and ability to learn data collection and analysis software (eg Commcare, Excel or others).
Languages required Fluency in English highly appreciated
Travel 30% local
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Written and oral communication skills and ability to produce clear and concise reports.
- Strong skills in data management, analysis and interpretation; ability to present data in simple and straightforward graphs and tables.
- Takes an inquisitive and creative approach to problem solving.
- Time management skills.
- Inherent value and respect for the voices of staff at all organizational levels, external stakeholders and the women and men we work with.
- Willingness to undertake regular field visits.
- Ability to work well independently and function effectively as a member of a geographically dispersed team.
Supervisory Responsibilities – None
We encourage all qualified individuals who share TechnoServe’s vision of improving the lives of others through proven business solutions to apply.
With our commitment to diversity, we pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes.
We also pride ourselves on our commitment to protecting staff, partners and beneficiaries from abuse and exploitation and thoroughly vetting all final applicants through rigorous background and reference checks.
If you have a disability that affects your ability to use our online system to apply for a position with TechnoServe, please contact Human Resources at [email protected] or call +1 202 785 4515.
Interested and qualified? Go to TechnoServe on recruitment.ultipro.com to apply
Click here to apply