Summary of work
- Responsible for the daily operations of facilities management, coordination of the support services team and administration of the facilities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, review and improve administrative systems, policies and procedures.
- Coordinates building management and related vendors such as repairs, cleaning crews, landscaping, and specialty vendors
- Monitor utility consumption and strive to minimize costs
- Oversees routine inspections of interior and exterior areas and follows up to ensure the office environment is free of security hazards, trash, and other foreign matter
- Ensures that all structures, renovation projects or additions comply with safety, health and environmental regulations and laws
- Oversees facility rental services and negotiates lease terms.
- Coordinates and implements office moves, including the selection and management of commercial moving vendors.
- Develop and manage supplier and other service provider contracts, including cleaning, catering, etc.
- Responsible for running Club House, Egbin Dormitory, etc.
- Manages construction and maintenance issues such as canteen equipment maintenance, cleaning issues, plumbing repairs, etc.
- Develop and implement cost reduction initiatives
- Prepare monthly and annual reports for the Head of Support Services
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of Support Services.
Education and work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Facilities Management, Civil Engineering or its equivalent in any related discipline.
- Relevant professional qualification such as NEBOSH, PMP, CFM (Certified Facility Manager) will be an added advantage
- Eight (8) to ten (10) years of related work experience
Skills and competences:
- Excellent time management skills
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Excellent project management skills
- Good knowledge of technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- Good organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good people management skills
- Good knowledge of the MS office suite.