DJOB Labor Code
Location: Ashaka, Delta
Function: Organization and Human Resources
Type of contract: Regular – Full time
- The Director of Corporate Services is responsible for all facilities-based activities from an operational perspective in their region, leading and supporting the development, implementation and monitoring of a framework and protocol sustainability for the business services business.
- Corporate services cover all offices, residences and guesthouses in the area and include canteen operations, property maintenance, furnishings and housekeeping.
- In addition, the post holder is responsible for immigration matters in the region of operation and overseeing travel/tickets and visas in the region (and other locations as required).
- Develop and implement an annual program for corporate services in the region, in line with the functional plan, ensuring that plans meet business needs, but are also flexible enough to accommodate changes as they arise and as they occur.
- Support the development and continuous improvement of corporate service systems and policies in accordance with best practices.
- Build effective relationships with vendors and suppliers, regularly striving to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of goods and services.
- Manage the organization’s real estate portfolio in the region.
- Collaborate with partners across functions and sites, vendors and suppliers to ensure that properties, facilities and related arrangements comply with Holcim health and safety standards.
- Embed a culture of performance management within the regional team as a means to drive business improvement by ensuring clear goals, feedback and improving customer satisfaction through behaviors aligned with our values.
- Work in partnership with suppliers to identify opportunities and areas of improvement to support improved organizational and people performance in line with business needs.
- Provide reporting and analysis of corporate services data to meet routine and ad hoc organizational requirements and key analytics e.g. hotel expenses, visas, etc.
- Collaborate with and support other teams within the O&HR function as needed.
- Track and monitor the delivery of corporate service activities in accordance with agreed procedures, standards and timelines, as defined by Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Interpret and analyze a range of management data and use it to improve the effectiveness of business service delivery across the organization.
- Report to the Head of Corporate Services and client groups as required on the achievement of Service Level Agreements/Key Performance Indicators and follow up as necessary.
- Monitor internal trends within Corporate Services for the region, identify and recommend appropriate change initiatives to the Manager, Corporate Services and lead implementation for the region as required.
- Drive continuous improvement and development of services by keeping abreast of developments in the field of external enterprise services and exploiting business opportunities.
- Ensure that all necessary housekeeping is carried out in all outdoor areas under the jurisdiction of the company premises, such as driveways, parking lots, lawns, etc. to promote a clean and safe working environment.
- Develop and ensure that agreed standards of cleanliness and hygiene are maintained in all offices, canteens and residential areas in accordance with security procedures and administration.
- Perform periodic inspections of contractors to verify compliance with correct procedures, administration, and best cleaning and sanitation practices; report any discrepancies to the necessary authorities and ensure compliance with best cleaning practices
- Facilitate weekly meetings with cleaning/maintenance subcontractors for effective monitoring of all facility work
- Ensure proper handling and disposal of waste on site by liaising (if necessary) with Environmental and other relevant departments for effective and efficient waste management.
- Proactively provide advice and guidance to staff at all levels of the organization to facilitate the best use of accommodation and facilities and actively campaign on security measures in the building.
- Provide relocation services to eligible employees to minimize disruption while ensuring policy compliance.
Maintenance of areas and facilities:
- Develop, implement and maintain policies and procedures for effective management of Lafarge accommodations and facilities.
- Participate in the development of policies and procedures that affect the use of supplies and facilities.
- Create monitoring systems/or programs in the company to detect problems as early as possible and initiate interventions to solve problems in the facilities.
- Ensure that all furnishings, fittings and fittings are properly stored, checked and maintained in good working order in accordance with correct procedures, report and ensure timely resolution of any defects found.
- Prepare and manage the department’s budget ensuring efficient operations and maintenance of facilities.
- Develop the canteen SLA to ensure that the quality and level of service meets the necessary regulatory and contractual standards.
- Provide the necessary facilities to ensure the proper functioning of canteen services on site (factory/office) at all times.
- Ensure that canteen workers comply at all times with appropriate hygiene standards, including periodic medical tests required for food handlers.
- Ensure that canteen bills are paid promptly to avoid any payment-related service disruptions.
level of studies
- First degree in a relevant course
- Professional certification can be an advantage
- 5-7 years working in a large organization in a similar role
- Experience in any area of corporate services i.e. vendor management, facilities, protocol, events will be an advantage.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Understanding of facilities management and the building and construction industry.
- Understanding of document storage requirements, policies and procedures.
- Customer focused
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Passionate, results oriented
- Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure
- Leadership and managerial skills
Leadership and management skills:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Professional English language proficiency
Local / International: