- Mixed work arrangement (Burwood Campus plus work from home)
- Full time, CDD until November 2023
- HEW 7 $90,769 + 17% superannuation
Founded in 1974, Deakin is a public university in Victoria with 61,000 students across five campuses: Melbourne Burwood, Geelong Waurn Ponds, Geelong Waterfront, Warrnambool and the online Cloud Campus. We are a progressive and open-minded university with the highest student satisfaction in Victoria and consistently ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide.
We are currently looking for a coordinator to work in the area of international partnerships and engagement in support of the Faculty of Science, Engineering and the Built Environment (SEBE). The position will require you to be on-site at our Burwood campus 3 days per week with the option to work from home up to 2 days per week. The role will be to coordinate, develop, plan and implement a range of initiatives and activities for international student recruitment and partnership programs (including a range of pathway programs with our international partners). The role works closely with key stakeholders in implementing international activities for the Faculty and its schools.
Covering one staff member on secondment until November 2023, infrequent domestic and international travel may be required, so a proven ability to understand, communicate and interact with people from other cultures will bode well for the success in the role. However, your job will primarily consist of interacting with school scholars at various Deakin University locations, as well as maintaining existing programs with our external partners. One of the main objectives of the role will be to ensure the smooth running of teaching and quality assurance programs abroad while taking into account the academic calendars of our partners. The role will also include some international student recruitment. Although you should master business processes and leverage your attention to detail, an understanding of prior learning recognition and course mapping would also be considered favorably.
Your main responsibilities will include the need to:
- Coordinate and develop international student recruitment initiatives and faculty partnerships
- Distill key issues from complex information about the partnership, draw precise conclusions, and condense complex information and next steps into simple, concise terms that others can understand
- Develop and implement practical and accessible solutions based on stakeholder partnership needs
- Strive for excellence and consult regularly with stakeholders to clarify who needs the information, the purpose for which it is required, the criteria for success, and where and when advice and recommendations are needed
- Communicate confidently using examples and the most appropriate influencing technique for a given situation to build understanding and support
- Build relationships with a wide range of international institutions.
- Develop and implement student engagement programs and initiatives with schools in Deakin’s key recruiting markets
To be successful, you will:
- A degree with at least 4 years of subsequent relevant experience; or
- Extensive management experience and expertise in technical or administrative areas; or
- An equivalent combination or relevant experience and/or education/training
- Ability to speak and write in a language other than English is desirable
- Proven experience in customer relationship management, particularly with international or educational partners
- Experience and knowledge of higher education programs and quality assurance mechanisms.
Please submit your updated CV and a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience for this role before Tuesday, May 31, 2022.
For confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Ruby Lee via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we are currently prioritizing applications from those who currently have employment rights in Australia for this position.
Deakin University job offers are conditional on the candidate being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt and providing satisfactory proof. You can view a copy of the University’s COVID-19 vaccination procedure.
Are you ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation rests on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse work environment with opportunities for growth and career development. We believe a progressive and thriving culture will ensure people choose to come and stay with Deakin and contribute to our continued success.
We value diversity and aim to create an inclusive environment that defends, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, as well as people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientations and genders.