LOCATION: Roodekop, Germiston
REPORT TO : Financial director
SUMMARY JOB STATEMENT: The incumbent will be responsible for all aspects of the organization’s information,
communication and technology systems (ICT). Role provides vision and leadership for development and implementation
initiatives that align ICT capabilities with the organization’s business goals
.KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES):
• Establish an ICT strategy, as well as structures and standards for governance, risk management and
insurance on the ICT&T aspects of the organization.
• Participate in the organization’s strategic and operational governance processes while promoting IC&T solutions
• Lead strategic and operational planning to achieve organizational goals by driving innovation, prioritizing ICT
initiatives and coordinate the assessment, deployment and management of current and future ICT solutions
through the organization.
• Establish an ICT governing body to co-manage business-based ICT improvement investments and projects
strategic objectives and maximum profit.
• Manage all ICT service providers for quality and cost effectiveness.
• Establish the goals, objectives and operating procedures of the ICT department.
• Identify opportunities for appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in systems and
resources, including staffing, procurement, purchasing and internal development.
• Assess and communicate the risks associated with ICT investments and their associated impacts on productivity.
• Develop, track and control IC&T’s annual operating and capital budgets.
• Develop business cases and cost-benefit analyzes for ICT expenditures and initiatives, while obtaining
customer acceptance of these initiatives.
• Coordinate and facilitate consultation with stakeholders to define business and system requirements.
• Ensure the continued delivery of IC&T services by overseeing performance agreements with end users and
performance monitoring of ICT systems.
• Ensure that the operation of the IC&T system complies with applicable laws and regulations.
• Lead the maintenance and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
• Evaluate, analyze, report and make recommendations for the improvement of the infrastructure and
• If necessary, reorganize application support to align with business processes, tactical planning and
• Develop and implement IC&T policies and procedures, including those related to architecture, security, disaster recovery,
standards, procurement and service delivery.
• Oversee the negotiation and administration of contracts and service agreements with vendors, subcontractors and consultants.
• Design and deploy an efficient and effective system of internal controls to mitigate risks specifically associated with
ICT throughout the organization.
• Maintain, improve and further develop Power BI tools.
• Diploma or bachelor’s degree in computer science or relevant computer certification
• 5 years of related work experience in the same or similar role within a large diverse organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Proven track record and success in the same or similar role
• Extensive experience in reviewing and finalizing SLAs and other business agreements
• Proven track record in handling and resolving service delivery and non-performance issues
• Extensive knowledge of computer network technologies, server systems and a solid understanding of how information
systems support business processes
• Extensive application support experience in a Microsoft environment
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Approach work strategically
• Productive with enthusiasm
• Establish practices of interpersonal tolerance and teamwork
• Produce effective business results
• Show initiative and get things done