THE ROLE- -Infection, Prevention and Control Coordinator
The Moving Integrated, Quality Maternal, New-born, Child Health and Family Planning and Reproductive Health (MNCH/FP/RH) Services to Scale (MOMENTUM) 2A (M2A) is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. Agency for Agency (USAID) to provide targeted technical and capacity development assistance (TCDA) in MNCH/FP/RH to countries to facilitate their journey to self-reliance. M2A also aims to contribute to global technical leadership and learning, as well as USAID policy dialogue for the achievement of global MNCH/FP/RH goals through support for initiatives, strategies, frameworks, guidelines and globally endorsed MNCH/FP/RH action plans.
In Sierra Leone, the project will begin with a six-month COVID-19 rapid response effort and continue with long-term follow-up activities to support and improve integrated health service delivery in Sierra Leone. This position will support initial response efforts related to infection prevention and WASH services in priority health facilities. The position will also support longer-term recovery and sustainability efforts to improve the quality of health services, with a focus on maternal, newborn and child health services and
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified healthcare professional with a strong background in infection control. Applicants should have a clinical qualification, nurses, midwives and community health workers are encouraged to apply.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in hospital infection control management or large outbreak response.
- Knowledge of surveillance, procurement, supply chain and occupational health.
- Strong skills in team building, on-the-job training and mentoring.
- Experience supervising clinical staff, including training and mentoring.
- Strong computer skills (i.e. Word Excel, Outlook).
- Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and remain responsive and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organize a demanding workload of diverse and challenging tasks and responsibilities
- Strong oral and written skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with managing multicultural teams
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience working within public, private or faith-based health systems
- Advanced infection control training/experience
- Participation in recent preparedness and response efforts to current or past epidemics
- Experience in leading the development and delivery of trainings, coaching and supervision of healthcare personnel
- Expertise in maternal and newborn health services
- Work experience in the Ministry of Health
- Demonstrated relationships with district and national stakeholders inside and outside of government
- Urban and rural work experience
- Experience working on a USAID-funded project
DURATION OF CONTRACT: 6 Month
Closing Datee: May 27, 2022
We employ around 25,000 people around the world and work on the ground in more than 100 countries to help children affected by crises or those in need of better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize children’s rights and ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in the way the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies of preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our employees and provide a meaningful and rewarding career, as well as a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity and integrity are highly valued.
Applicants are advised that
Save the Children International requires no payment or expense during the entire recruitment process and we maintain zero tolerance for duplication. Any such request must be immediately
Please apply using a cover letter and an up-to-date CV in one document. Please also include details of your current compensation and salary expectations.
· Applicants should be aware that Save the Children is no longer using for job postings and therefore applicants should apply through the links that will be provided by Careers.sl.
Applicants must attach a copy of a valid work card to their applications
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
How to register
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS4zMjQyNC4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20