Our bold vision, reflected in our Strategic Plan: Make a Difference: Agenda 2025, is to be internationally recognized as a global research leader, an innovator in contemporary education, and the source of the most enterprising graduates from Australia.
To achieve this ambition, we recently made a significant organizational change to a six-college structure with professional alignment of staff and services.
We recognize that the key to our success is exceptional people and we are looking for an exceptional individual to join our transformed university team.
Type of employment:
Next | Full time
Higher Education Officer Level 6
$81,377 – $86,765 per year
Head of IDS Platforms – Student Learning and Teaching
Information and digital services
Under general direction, the role is responsible for contributing to analysis, support and coordination activities related to the ongoing operation and development of relevant platforms and applications.
The role is also responsible for supporting the stable, reliable and high performance operations of the affected platforms and applications.
Main responsibilities of the position
The main responsibilities of the position include:
Technical management and support
- Support the engineering change, configuration and release management process for relevant platforms and applications in accordance with IDS frameworks, principles and standards.
- Contribute to requirements analysis activities, interpret business requirements and translate them into technical requirements. Support business change impact analysis to identify appropriate change management activities to support system changes.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of relevant platforms and applications by analyzing, configuring, testing and documenting new features and capabilities.
- Support rapid resolution of customer issues and queries in collaboration with other relevant IDS teams.
Technical vision and roadmap
- Support relevant stakeholders in the development and implementation of the vision and associated roadmap for the platform and applications.
- Assist in the development of business cases for new or improved technologies and solutions to support the delivery of the roadmap.
Technical knowledge and excellence
- Participate, as required, in formal and informal market analysis and benchmarking activities to be aware of emerging market offerings and trends.
- Periodically participate in knowledge building activities and events to be aware of the latest/best practices in their area of responsibility and to keep skills and knowledge current.
- Support the provision of timely and effective advice and assistance to customers and stakeholders by identifying improvements to support services.
Risk, governance and working methods
- Support an agile way of working to manage, refine and prioritize the activity backlog based on relevant client and IDS priorities.
- Identify, manage and mitigate risks related to activities undertaken by the role in accordance with IDS and Flinders University policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant IDS and Flinders University policies and procedures.
- Any other responsibilities corresponding to the level of the role assigned by the supervisor and/or the University.
Capabilities of the key position
- Appropriate advanced degree in Information Technology or relevant technical field, and/or equivalent relevant experience in an IT environment.
- Well-developed thinking, planning and analytical skills.
- General experience with agile ways of working, including exposure to agile methodologies at scale and/or collaborating and delivering through a matrix structure.
- Well-developed self-improvement and growth mindset/approach for the role and as part of a larger team.
- Well-developed interpersonal influence and demonstrated ability to negotiate and communicate effectively with staff and customers in a diverse organization, particularly when designing, managing and implementing customer solutions.
- Experience supporting and maintaining commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) applications and software as a service, as well as enterprise applications and systems.
- General knowledge and experience in designing and executing application upgrades, including program planning, test plan, execution and closure using good change management principles and practices.
- General knowledge of software development lifecycle principles and practices.
- Experience in higher education advantageous.
Prescribed conditions of employment
Flinders University has introduced a COVID-19 vaccination policy which requires all new staff to be up to date on their COVID-19 vaccinations, subject to medical waivers and limited exemptions.
Information for applicants:
You must provide a declaration of aptitude of no more than three pages, addressing the core capabilities of the position, as outlined above. Additionally, you need to upload your resume.
A valid National Police Certificate satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful candidate can commence the position.
We seek to increase diversity to improve equal opportunity for employees, and therefore we encourage female applicants, persons with disabilities and/or of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent to apply.
Please note that late applications and applications sent through agencies will not be accepted.
Closing of applications at 11:59 p.m.:
May 18, 2022