Petra Diamonds is a leading independent diamond mining group and an increasingly important supplier of rough diamonds to the international market.
The position will be based at Finsch Mine in Lime Acres (Northern Cape).
Reference number: PDSA281
Job level: C2
JOB PURPOSE: Reporting to the Information and Communications Technology Service and Support Coordinator (Finsch Mine), this role will be responsible for data integrity and providing general IT support. information and communication technology (ICT) to the end users of the operation. .
- Ensure that all ICT reports are aligned with standards, guidelines and timelines.
- Install and configure ICT equipment and software (including desktops, laptops, data projectors, VC equipment, applications, etc.).
- Maintain desktops and laptops.
- Provide hardware and software support (including desktops, laptops, data projectors, VC equipment, applications, etc.).
- Troubleshoot and diagnose all reported issues.
- Provide 1st level network support: Troubleshoot and resolve any issues with the network infrastructure on mine and escalate if necessary.
- Install network devices, including wireless and network cabling.
- Add and configure new users on the system.
- Access the helpdesk to register, accept or resolve all registered ICT calls.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing all issues reported on the Help Desk.
- Responsible for performing server maintenance.
- Provide subject matter expertise and skills in area of responsibility; advise on solutions to improve or ensure department/section efficiency.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships and an effective/strong communication system within the operation.
- Understands and follows company policies, procedures and relevant legislation. Manage and report non-compliance issues.
- Behave in line with the company’s vision and values for safety, health and the environment. Manage and report non-compliance issues.
- Effective team spirit and effective self-management.
- Grade 12/Standard 10
- A+ certified
- N+ certificate
- Microsoft MCSE Certified Systems Engineer qualification. / MCSA Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in data management and general hardware and software support.
- Knowledge and experience of wireless networks.
- System skills on the Microsoft Office suite.
- Computer skills and Microsoft Office suite (advanced).
- Valid driver’s license.
- Advantage: Degree in an ICT-related field
TECHNICAL SKILLS :
- Create an account for the user using the applicable application.
- Demonstrate advanced understanding of TCPIP protocols.
- Troubleshoot software issues.
- Support the hardware and software platforms adopted by the Company.
- Apply the incident management procedure.
- Troubleshoot network issues.
Planning and organization; Decision making; Gain someone’s trust ; Communication; Continuous improvement; Focus on safety; Client orientation; Value differences; Initiate an action; Manage relationships
- TCPIP Protocols
- Hardware and software platforms
- wireless network
Desired work experience:
- 2 to 5 years Systems / Network Administration
Desired level of qualification:
About the employer:
Petra Diamonds is an equal opportunity employer. Preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups who meet the criteria in accordance with the company’s employment equity policy and plan and to internal candidates. Screening, profile testing, mine assessments, medical and security clearances are part of the recruitment and selection process. Preselected candidates will have to attend an interview with a jury. Hiring of the successful candidate is subject to the above criteria. Preference will be given to applicants who live in the labor sending area.
Please submit your CV and relevant supporting documents/certificates in accordance with the minimum advert requirements by August 26, 2022.
An incomplete file will not be taken into account.
Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Petra Diamonds reserves the right not to fill this position.
If you have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Please note that Petra Diamonds does not require any form of payment for recruitment purposes at any time. If you are approached in this regard, you should immediately report the incident to your local SAPS.
Employer and Benefits:
- Corporate housing
- Pension funds
- medical aid
Find out more/Apply to this position