Financial Inclusion and Rental Support Officer – Housing
Location: East London
Salary: £34,689 – £35,949
CDD – 12 months
We are recruiting a Financial Inclusion and Leasing Support Officer to join our new revenue team. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who understands the needs of the community we serve.
You will provide effective advice on social benefits and tenancy support to a wide range of residents affected by changes in social protection regulations and universal credit; and be able to work closely with DWP, advisory agencies, wards team and partners to support residents
We are looking for people who are experienced social workers to provide comprehensive money and benefits advice to a diverse clientele.
You will need to have experience working in social housing and with key external and internal stakeholders to ensure positive outcomes for residents.
- Good understanding and up-to-date knowledge of local and national policy relating to the Welfare Reform Act
- Knowledge of housing allowances and social rights
- Ability to help residents maximize their income
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize workload.
- Have up-to-date knowledge of; universal rights to credit, housing and social benefits.
- Knowledge of revenue management and lease terms
Our offer to candidates:
In exchange for your choice to work with us, we will offer you a range of attractive benefits, including:
- 26 days of paid vacation per year, plus 8 public holidays
- Agile work
- A fantastic mid-career pension plan
- Wage sacrifice schemes
- Incredible shopping discounts including discounts at many gyms, stores and restaurants
- Your voice heard through our staff forum and networking groups for women and LGBT staff
- Newly refurbished offices, with free tea, coffee, fruit and shower
- Interest-free subscription loans
How to register
If you would like to apply, please complete an application form by clicking “Apply” at the top of this page.
The selection process
The process will include an assessment and interview with a panel hosted by Teams video call or face-to-face, which will be confirmed with applicants once shortlisted.