ABOUT US: Bike Santa Cruz County promotes cycling through outreach, education and community building. Our flagship community event is Open Streets Santa Cruz (OSSC), a pop-up street park that invites people to walk, bike and play on vehicle-free streets.
POSITION SUMMARY: Bike Santa Cruz County is seeking an experienced Event Coordinator who can assist with the production of our 2022 OSSC event on Sunday, October 16, 2022. This contract position requires the coordination and management of attendees, vendors, volunteers and sponsors, as well as tracking sponsor data and implementing Mailchimp emails and other social media campaigns.
The position will require approximately 20 hours per week from July to September and 40 hours per week in October. The ideal candidate will be experienced and ready to make an immediate contribution.
- Approximately 350 total hours of contract work, beginning of July through October
- Potential for follow-on projects
- $20 – $30 per hour depending on experience
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 3 years of proven experience in event management and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment managing multiple stakeholders, projects and priorities.
- Experience managing and communicating with volunteers, including coordinating and monitoring volunteer training.
- Point of contact for all supplier details, from planning to day of event activities.
- Experience communicating with sponsors and managing sponsor deliverables.
- Strong background in digital campaigns and content including Mailchimp, Facebook and Instagram to ensure consistent promotion. Content creation as needed across all platforms.
- Proficiency in updating and reviewing reports. Includes monthly status reports on pending and completed tasks.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent command of various email clients, calendars, Google Drive, MS Office, virtual meetings (Zoom, MS Teams) and survey tools.
HOW TO REGISTER: If you are interested, please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “OSSC Coordinatorin the subject line of your submission. The deadline for submission is Tuesday, July 12, 2022.