About our electric friends
Our Friends Electric is a creatively-run event management company delivering unique and exciting events for the brands we care about. Our Friends Electric’s DNA is, by design, work for a living. We adopt modern, mobile working methods, promoting creativity and a good work-life balance. With that comes the responsibility to deliver, 100%, every time.
Our client portfolio primarily covers music, fashion and technology as well as a variety of corporate clients. We have an in-house creation and design studio that works in tandem with the event team on all projects.
This position represents an exciting opportunity to join our growing and dynamic team as an event manager. You are the client manager and production manager for small and medium scale projects as well as main producer / general manager support on large scale projects.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience in event management for an event or communication agency with at least 3-4 years experience in events
- Natural team leader with a diplomatic approach
- Graduated with a strong sense of project management and multidisciplinary coordination
- Thrives by juggling multiple projects and tasks and prioritizing deliverables
- An expert to make the complex simple
- Outgoing, friendly, team player, confident and dedicated and passionate about events.
- Experience in event management, event planning, conference management, technical event management, project management, management of creative / design studios, catering, site and supplier management
- Excellent written English
- Excellent budget and digital skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Keynote
- Confident presenter and speaker when liaising with customers and suppliers
Global tasks in support and / or in tandem with Producer / General Manager & Founder / Director
- Creative and production advice to clients
- Customer relationship development and management
- Promote organic growth within major customer accounts
- Team management by project
- Act as a mentor to junior team members and interns
- Develop strong customer, supplier and external relationships
- Ensure that the events and services provided are of high quality
- Help ensure that the company meets all of its legal requirements, including those relating to occupational health and safety.
- Management of on-site events, sometimes involving travel
- Delivery and ownership of events from the briefing process to execution and evaluation
- Development of project plans, timelines, logistics management, budgets
- Ensure client approvals for all key project elements and clear budget management
- Ensure project profitability and revenue monitoring (in collaboration with the General Manager for approval)
- Lead small to medium scale proposals and responses to client briefs in collaboration with the creative team – take full responsibility for writing and developing client proposals, sometimes with a quick turnaround time
- Ensure that all new projects are fully specified and budgeted and that scope changes are managed effectively
- Make sure you are fulfilled by producing the types of events that you are passionate about.
Who is the ideal candidate?
You are passionate about “doing cool shit”. You have the experience and dedication and are looking for an exciting new opportunity. You meet the above criteria and consider yourself to be a “firearms” event manager. You are outgoing, friendly, and thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You are solution-oriented, with a positive attitude and have had great relationships with your teammates, customers and suppliers in all previous roles.
- Standard annual leave of 20 days plus the additional days below
- OFE closes for a month during the Christmas period (yes that’s right, you get a month off!)
- Company laptop included (Macbook)
- Full covered mobile phone bill
- Flexible hours and the possibility of working remotely
- Salary – to be discussed