The Group Health Center is a progressive multi-specialty ambulatory care organization and is one of the premier consumer-sponsored health care facilities in Canada. As Ontario’s largest and oldest alternatively funded health care organization, Group Health Center serves more than 70,000 residents of Sault Ste. Residents of the districts of Marie and Algoma.
The role allows you to combine your passion for information technology and healthcare by supporting and configuring our integrated health information management system, increasing the quality and safety of the care we provide, improving both patient and provider.
live. In this role, you will identify and analyze organizational needs, define scope and objectives, recommend solutions to stakeholders, and implement changes through system construction and configuration. This role will work in both Epic Ambulatory and Cadence
applications where you will have the opportunity to be Epic trained and certified, a highly marketable asset. This role will also provide end-user support, training support, troubleshooting, issue triage and follow-up along with resolution management with vendors and stakeholders. The Epic AC must establish and maintain a deep understanding of the workflows of Epic applications and organizations while maintaining
relevant Epic certification requirements.
- Undergraduate degree or at least three years of equivalent experience in the healthcare field
- administration, information systems, commerce, a health or information profession
- resource management
- Mandatory passing of the Epic pre-certification drug test
- Experience using at least one of the Epic Suite application products OR completion of
- Epic certification in one or more applications
- GHC Experience
- Exposure to other healthcare is an asset
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Understanding of Epic Ambulatory and Cadence applications.
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with end users, colleagues and the outside
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and meet a number of competing priorities and objectives.
- Must demonstrate initiative, efficiency, ability to collaborate, openness and be results-oriented.
- Demonstrated experience with office software, for example, PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Visio.
- Certification in clinical informatics, computer science or related health care field.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and presentation skills.
- Ability to take responsibility for assigned tasks and complete them.
- Ability to work independently to develop solutions and meet delivery deadlines.
- Self-motivated and demonstrates initiative to keep manager informed of progress.
- Upbeat and positive attitude towards assigned tasks/willingness to complete work.
- Demonstrated success in living the values of GHC
- $63,000 to $70,000 depending on experience
- Full benefits package
- Membership in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- Monday to Friday – Hours of operation
- Weekends and Holidays
- Applications before: September 16, 2022
Please apply online via the intranet or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested candidates are requested to submit a combined cover letter and curriculum vitae (preferably in PDF format) indicating
their qualifications for the position September 16, 2022. Those selected for interviews will be required to demonstrate their
the qualifications and skills and abilities required as set out above. Group Health Center is committed to an application and
interview process and inclusive, barrier-free work environment. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with
the Ontario Human Rights Code/AODA. Applicants should make any accommodation requests for the application or interview
known process in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department at 705-759-5513. Please note the health of the group
Center is a scent sensitive organization. We thank all applicants, but only successful applicants will be contacted.