- Continuous full-time position
- Use your excellent technical skills to create a quality website and learning resources
- Base salary $78,077 + 17% retirement pension
About the Opportunity
The Faculty of Medicine and Health, Innovation and Design in Education team is looking for a talented EDesign support manager to join the team. the Education Design Support Officer will work as part of a strong and supportive team to support educational innovation within the faculty.
the Education Design Support Officer will partner with instructional designers and academic and teaching staff from the Faculty of Medicine and Health to provide learning design solutions that will bring course content to life and ensure excellent learning experiences for students.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- provide strong technical knowledge, learning design and operational support to faculty teaching staff
- work closely with instructional designers, academic staff and cross-faculty teams to develop innovative online educational and assessment resources
- create, develop, test and implement educational resources for use by staff and students teaching and learning in distance, hybrid and blended education settings
- provide practical solutions to common challenges in learning websites and a range of educational technology platforms (Canvas, ECHO360, Zoom, SRES) to ensure excellent learning experiences for students
- develop innovative online multimedia resources in close collaboration with academic and teaching staff.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to:
- demonstrate strong technical troubleshooting skills and the ability to exercise initiative and exercise good judgment
- demonstrate your LMS (learning management system) design skills and knowledge of the basics of HTML and CSS
- showcase your skills in developing rich media and video learning content with the ability to learn software (H5P, Articulate, Adobe Creative Suite)
- demonstrate effective and tactful communication skills (both verbal and written)
- use your excellent time and workload management skills and demonstrate your ability to prioritize effectively, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- possess a working knowledge of University policies and procedures and administrative processes in a tertiary environment.
Recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
To keep our community safe, please review our COVID Safety Precautions which constitute our entry requirements for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship/work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian permanent resident.
Australian temporary residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed-term contract for the duration of their visa, depending on hiring area and position requirements.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of any required pre-employment or background checks on terms satisfactory to the University. Likewise, your continued employment is conditional on your satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary action, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a university community that reflects the larger community we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase the participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life.
How to register
Applications (including a cover letter, CV and any additional supporting documents) can be submitted through the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current University employee or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please log in to your Working day account and navigate to the Career icon on your dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable accommodation or support in completing this application, please contact Esra Yavuzcehre, Recruiting Operations, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. to
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to make any appointments.
Click to view the job description for this role.
Wednesday, May 25, 2022 11:59 PM