Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council is looking to recruit six Early Intervention and Tenant Support Officers to their Revenue Management Department. This is a new role and we are looking for exceptional and dedicated people who share our passion for improving the lives of customers.
Individuals will be responsible for case management of all new rentals within the first three months of the start of their rental and of all new Universal Credit customers for the first three months of a new claim.
Individuals will also be responsible for providing proactive and comprehensive customer service to clients and performing financial inclusion activities that aim to maximize revenue and prevent lease breaches.
The Service is responsible for managing, monitoring and collecting rent arrears and other housing-related charges from current and former tenants. One of the main objectives is to combine the effective collection of arrears with the maintenance of leases through the provision of quality advice, assistance and support to those in need. You will play a key role in providing holistic advice and support to clients, conducting risk assessments and delivering financial inclusion campaigns.
We are interested in hearing from candidates who can demonstrate the following:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working in an advisory/revenue collection environment providing advice on revenue, finance or debt management
- Strong oral/written communication, time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience in managing vulnerable clients and clients with complex/multiple needs
- Proven track record of providing excellent customer service, both face-to-face and over the phone
- Experience working to deadlines, prioritizing and organizing workloads
- An understanding of why rentals fail and how early help can help maintain the rental
- Ability to be self-motivated, work on own initiative, meet targets and deadlines
- Ability to be open-minded, sensitive and flexible in approaching the role
- Ability to anticipate and anticipate changing demands, suggest alternatives to clients, colleagues and management
- Be committed and performance-oriented
We are looking for candidates with a minimum level of English and Mathematics 2 or equivalent. We will consider candidates who do not have Level 2 in Numeracy provided they are willing to achieve the qualification within 12 months of starting the role.
The selection process will consist of a skills test, presentation and interview, only those who pass after the presentation will be invited to attend the interview.
For an informal discussion, please contact Jeanette Wade via email email@example.com
To apply, click on the Apply now link below.