Leading storage brand Synology has announced the general availability of the DiskStation Manager (DSM) 7.1 update for anyone using compatible hardware.
The major update brings key improvements to the overall storage management experience, starting with the introduction of File Aggregation Portals, as it now has SMB DFS capability to allow administrators to bridge multiple systems Synology for better accessibility and control while end users won’t need to memorize separate addresses anymore. The newly optimized interface will automatically consolidate background tasks to provide better overview and transparency by displaying several different pieces of information.
For Synology High Availability clusters, users can now view and manage disks on both systems from a single Storage Manager instance for easier maintenance and management, while generally the performance of Random I/O has been improved across the board in terms of cost. -efficiency.
Version 7.1 also sees some great features added, such as the ability to create bare-metal level full backups of the entire system by creating images and replicating Synology systems in the event of a total site outage. Powered by Synology Active Backup for Business, you will definitely be in the speed zone when you get hit by something disastrous.
For the list of other notable improvements, here they are.
- Active Backup for Business: Bandwidth control, extensive monitoring and reporting capabilities, and support for DSM backups
- Active Insight: Centralized connection activity and status monitoring of Hyper Backup jobs, plus the ability to update monitored systems in batches
- Synology C2 Hybrid Share: C2 server-side snapshots in addition to local file versioning provided by Synology Drive for easier recovery
- Directory Server: Support for read-only domain controllers to improve security and deployment flexibility
- Synology Drive: Expanded Indexing Capabilities, Revamped Mobile User Experience, and Enhanced Monitoring/Audit Capabilities
- MailPlus: Virtual DSM support, extended management options, import and migration improvements
- Virtual Machine Manager: Storage I/O performance improvements and QoS capabilities