Task status: In progress
Salary: Base salary of $92,401 per year, plus 10.5% pension contributions
Post number : SOH1967
Applications closed: Sunday, July 31, 2022, 11:59 p.m.
Role requests: email@example.com
Technical requests: Jobs NSW Helpdesk on 1800 562 679
An organization where diversity of thought and experience is valued, supported and respected.
At the Sydney Opera House, you will be surrounded by supportive and hardworking teams, filled with passion and creativity. You will be inspired to create value in everything you do and you will have the opportunity to grow and succeed while making a positive contribution to our community. Our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging (DI&B) vision is that Sydney Opera House – who we are and everything we do – reflects and respects the diversity of the community. Our DI&B 2021-23 strategy defines the change we are driving
preparing for our 50th anniversary in 2023. These commitments go hand-in-hand with the commitments of our long-standing reconciliation, accessibility and environmental action plans.
We welcome and encourage applications from First Nations people, recognizing the unique value, skills and knowledge that First Nations employees bring to the workplace. We encourage applications from people of all genders, as well as people from one or more of these underrepresented groups/communities, including but not limited to d/Deaf and disabled people/persons with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people who identify as LGBTQI+.
We recognize that everyone is unique and you might need some tweaking to ensure you have the best opportunity to apply and put your skills forward for consideration. If we can make some adjustments to the SOH
recruitment/interview process to better enable you to shine, so please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 02 9250 7743 and let us know. Adjustments may include, but are not limited to; alternative application methods, interview arrangements, physical requirements, advice for trans people or
candidates, performers or other access aids of various genres or specific availability times for interviews and more.
For more information on the Sydney Opera House, please visit our website.
YOUR NEW ROLE
The Corporate and Brand Communications Manager is responsible for the proactive planning, development and implementation of key organization-wide communications campaigns that shape, amplify and protect the company’s brand and reputation. ‘Opera.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Communications, you will play a central role in directing and delivering communications campaigns, stories and media opportunities that drive awareness and engagement for a range of projects and priorities related to the company and brand, including the Transformative Decade of Renewal, 50th Anniversary, community action plans and major events.
With exceptional stakeholder and project management skills, you will work collaboratively with Marketing, Creative, Building, Partnerships, Philanthropy, Visitor Experience and Government Relations teams to deliver campaigns and large-scale multi-channel communications that positively shape and strengthen the Opera as a global player. classy, vibrant and evolving cultural icon.
More detailed information about the role and its requirements can be obtained from the role description.
ARE YOU THE ONE?
We are looking for someone with:
* A minimum of 5 to 6 years of practical experience in media and communications. Business communication experience desirable.
* A strong track record of high-impact PR campaigns and integrated communications strategies, through an extensive network of media contacts.
* Strong problem management experience – demonstrated ability to quickly navigate and provide strategic advice to various internal and external stakeholders.
* A highly organized operator with exceptional project management skills – experience running multiple campaigns simultaneously within a complex organization.
* Excellent writing and editing skills – ability to translate nuanced themes into impactful, engaging and evolving messages.
* Excellent stakeholder management skills and ability to work across multiple teams and lines of business to achieve business goals.
BENEFITS & CULTURE
As Australia’s premier cultural institution, tourist destination and esteemed community meeting place, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and dynamic work environment for all our staff. With values of security, creativity, excellence, collaboration and responsibility, your professional life offers every opportunity to succeed and develop in your chosen profession.
Working with the Sydney Opera House gives you access to a wide range of benefits, including:
* Flexible working arrangements.
* 5 weeks annual leave.
* Access to a range of internal and external professional development programs and staff engagement initiatives.
* Staff community groups like SOH Pride, First Nations Staff Network, Sustainable Environmental Action Leaders (aka ‘SEALs’) and more.
* Complimentary fitness passport and wellness programs including pilates, yoga, circuit classes, physiotherapy sessions as well as other wellness initiatives.
* Work for an organization with a 5-star Green Star performance rating from the Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA).
* Work for an organization that is committed to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
* And much more!
DO YOU SOUND LIKE YOU? TO APPLY!
Candidates are requested to attach the following documents to their application:
* Up-to-date CV of no more than five pages.
* Address their suitability in a cover letter no longer than one page.
In addition, candidates will be asked to answer the following two targeted questions on the online application platform:
1. Detail your experience in planning and carrying out a major media and communications project. What was the approach and outcome, and how did they support business goals? (max 300 words)
2. Give an example of a time when you had to work with others to overcome a challenge to achieve a common goal. What was your approach and how did you ensure that you maintained effective working relationships with all parties? (max 300 words)
Candidates are required to create a profile and submit their application electronically for this position at https://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/. Only candidates who apply online and include the requested documentation will be considered for this position, unless otherwise specified.
The successful candidate will be required to comply with the Sydney Opera House Trust’s COVID-19 policies relating to safety and vaccination. Our current policy requires all employees to be double vaccinated.
To be eligible to apply for this position, candidates must have existing Australian employment rights. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory national police check and pre-employment health assessment.
The assessment seeks information only relevant to the performance of the inherent requirements of the position, it remains strictly confidential and candidates will be notified of the outcome.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.