- Full-time term until July 14, 2023, located on the Camperdown campus
- Opportunity to provide technical knowledge and operational support to students, academic and teaching staff within the University Veterinary Teaching Hospital Sydney (UVTHS)
- Base salary $91,000 – $98,000 (HEO6) + 17% superannuation
About the Opportunity
The Faculty of Science is currently looking for a project based on Clinical Training Support Officer work closely with the school’s instructional designer and education support team, supporting the provision of a wide range of instructional support services to academic and clinical teaching staff, ensuring that needs of the work area are met effectively and efficiently.
The University Veterinary Teaching Hospital Sydney (UVTHS) is an essential component of the SSVS teaching and research program supporting the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine and other postgraduate clinical programmes. The UVTHS provides a workload for students to complete their veterinary studies. In order to generate this workload, UVTHS operates as a commercial enterprise providing specialist and general services to the local and wider community in the CBD and Western Sydney interior. Working closely with Sydney Veterinary University Hospital academics, professional vets, nurses and other support staff, you will ensure day-to-day operations are carried out as usual to support student learning to the hospital.
As the first point of contact for students rotating through the hospital, the Clinical Education Support Officer is responsible for triaging student inquiries to ensure prompt, effective and efficient resolution.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned with these values and are looking for a Clinical Training Support Officer who has:
- experience supporting education program delivery
- administrative experience preferably in a tertiary organization, working knowledge of academic institutions, structures and the higher education sector
- demonstrated ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and complex environment
- effective and tactful communication skills (both verbal and written) as well as strong problem-solving skills
- excellent time and workload management skills with a demonstrated ability to prioritize effectively, manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines and achieve required results during busy periods
- strong coordination and facilitation skills as well as attention to detail and the ability to follow through until a task is completed
- superior computer skills, including knowledge and understanding of databases and experience with Microsoft Office
- working understanding of the relevant aspects of occupational health and safety policy and relevant legislation, as applicable to the working environment.
To keep our community safe, please review our COVID Safety Precautions which constitute our entry requirements for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship/work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Australian temporary residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed-term contract for the duration of their visa, depending on hiring area and position requirements.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of any required pre-employment or background checks on terms satisfactory to the University. Likewise, your continued employment is conditional on your satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary action, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a university community that reflects the larger community we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase the participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life.
How to register
Applications (including a cover letter, CV and any additional supporting documents) can be submitted through the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current University employee or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please log in to your Working day account and navigate to the Career icon on your dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable accommodation or support in completing this application, please contact Simon Drew, Recruitment Operations, Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org .to
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to make any appointments.
Click to view the job description for this role.
Sunday, August 14, 2022 11:59 PM