The Brand and Marketing department at King’s College London is looking for an experienced Business Support Officer to provide high quality administrative support on the day-to-day operations of our Contact Centre. This includes first-line support for contract center inquiries.
The contact center was launched in 2021 to proactively contact prospective students in a variety of channels. At the same time, they also provide prospective students with support and advice regarding their application or offer, and reassure them in their decision-making. This has since been expanded to include requests from current students.
This service is operated on behalf of King’s by a third party.
The Brand and Marketing department provides a variety of services to the University including branding, marketing and market research; portfolio and pricing; Recruitment of students; Outward-facing digital platforms; Partner and Influencer Management and University Relationship Management Service. The contact center is in the realm of relationship management.
This position will be offered on a permanent basis of 0.6 FTE.
• Project management of a medium-large agency
• First point of contact for requests sent by the contact center
• Route requests to the correct department within King’s
• Create, maintain and distribute FAQ answers to the contact center
• Manage and verify reports, flag discrepancies and ensure major points of interest or issues are addressed
• Stakeholder management, including internal stakeholders such as representatives of relevant departments within King’s, and external stakeholders such as agencies or suppliers
• Attend weekly meetings to review reports and trends. Support key points of interest and issues, ensuring that necessary stakeholders are sensitized
• Maintain contact center and King stakeholder relationships
• Ensure reporting schedule is adhered to and necessary milestones and deliverables are met, both by King’s and Contact Center
• An escalation point of contact for our third party
• Work flexibly within an extended team to achieve deliverables
• Internal communication to relevant departments regarding the contact center
• Expense tracking to the contact center
• Budget maintenance
• Maintain and continually improve processes and procedures relating to the management of the contact center
• Support the process of transforming information for operational reports into actionable insights.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake the duties and responsibilities reasonably expected within the scope and classification of the position.
Skills, knowledge and experience
Key skills include:
• Excellent project management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Creativity and problem solving
• Stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
• Excellent computer skills, including the use of Excel
• Experience in administrative tasks
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
1. Educated at level A or above
2. Solid experience in project management
3. Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills
4. Experience interpreting data
5. Experience with informative reports
6. Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
7. Highly creative with strong problem-solving skills
8. Experience managing stakeholders in medium to large projects
1. Experience in a similar role
2. Understanding the HE environment