The Children and Families Branch is working with partners and stakeholders to implement significant changes in the way we organize and deliver services in Kirklees.
Due to the internal progression of the current job holder, an opportunity arose to join the early learning and support team. For an enthusiastic and committed person, this is an exciting opportunity to work in a team that improves the lives of children, youth and families in Kirklees.
You will join a busy and friendly team, providing administrative support to department heads and senior managers. You will need to have an eye for detail to provide effective administrative support to the senior team.
You will need excellent communication skills for this role, as you will be working with members of the public, colleagues in schools, senior managers and advisers.
It is essential that you have good computer skills and are familiar with a variety of computer software packages especially Microsoft Office. You will need to be able to demonstrate business and administration skills at NVQ 3 level.
Tasks will include:
- Specialized administrative and technical support;
- Data processing (entry and retrieval), including service-based IT systems;
- Respond to complex requests;
- Provide project support, research and gather information as directed;
- Complex and specialized word processing;
- Produce routine statistical information and management information;
- Organize meetings, take minutes and produce the appropriate documentation.
In order to be shortlisted for this position, please demonstrate how you meet the individual’s checklist as detailed on the attached job profile. Resumes will not be accepted. Please see the attached Guidance Sheet for more information on this role.
What can we offer?
- Generous right to annual leave;
- Friendly and supportive team environment;
- Continuing education and career development;
- Excellent pension plan;
- A range of family-friendly policies, including flexible working and working from home;
- We offer a wide range of wellness initiatives, including a cycle-to-work program and discounted KAL membership.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Teresa Moxon (Senior Business Support Manager) on 01484 221000.
Interview dates: December 7 and 8.
28 November 2021, 23:55
We are committed to protecting and promoting the well-being of vulnerable adults, children and youth and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job profile.pdf – 134 KB
Job orientation sheet.pdf – 113 KB