beatBread – Job Description
Location: New York (and support staff in Los Angeles)
Reports to: Support multiple staff members
beatBread is a music funding startup whose mission is to empower artists to take ownership of their art and control their careers. We give artists access to funding and more choices to select the promotion, marketing and production partners that best meet their unique needs. We have secured funding from top tier venture capitalists and investors in a very large “artist fund” (think 8 figures, soon to be 9 figures). Our team is strong and has achieved real traction in the market. We have already secured deals with nearly 350 artists on 4 continents and have launched partnerships with several major independent music distributors and artist services companies who wish to use our technology and platform. More details on beatBread can be seen here: https://bit.ly/3tKRR5Z and here: https://yhoo.it/3CfFkKL
We are looking for a dynamic and friendly superstar to join our growing team. This is a real “start-up” role that requires a particular attitude, ethics, confidence, humility and autonomy. This person will need:
- A “no task too small” attitude.
- Strong organizational skills in a fast-paced environment. This includes the ability to adapt quickly without letting existing tasks fall behind.
- Willingness to act as an individual contributor, but also ability to support high impact teams
- A curious and open mind
- Be able to speak up thoughtfully, advise and push back senior team members when necessary
- Be highly self-directed, e.g. understand the need and “get the job done” with varying degrees of direction
- Have the confidence and openness to ask for help in case of difficulty
- Spirit of growth… towards the company, towards colleagues and partners, and towards themselves
- A personality in line with our team. We are a hardworking and mission driven group. We believe our team is suitable for a wide range of work styles, political leanings, cultural backgrounds and sexual/gender orientations. We are not a good choice for high ego, entitled or disrespectful individuals.
Tasks to include:
SUPPORT THE ARTISTS AND INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT TEAM
- Respond to general inquiries
- Review artist submissions and streaming reports before they are forwarded to our due diligence team
- Writing and sending offers to artists
- Report daily any important information relating to the next meetings of artists and management
- Have a clear and organized overview of our deal pipeline
- Contribute to business pipeline growth discussions
- Monitor our social media accounts for questions and comments
- Help optimize our acquisition funnel
- Contribute to the marketing strategy and its execution on social networks and CRM
- Coordinate our team meetings – both recurring and as needed
SUPPORT THE OPERATIONS TEAM
- Assist with setup, tracking, monitoring and administration of new artist offerings, including navigating proprietary tools and industry sites such as
- Chartmetric, Spotify for artists, etc.
- Record new masters with SoundExchange
- Track and monitor artist deliverables against contractual obligations
- Organizing distribution report data into readable files for our automated systems
- Coordinate the delivery of monthly recovery reports to the beatBread artist roster
Qualifications and experience
- Probably educated to degree level – Bachelor degree strongly preferred.
- 1-3 years of full-time work in a fast-paced office environment
- Ideally, experience in the music industry: probably in a label, distributor, streaming service or management company
- Basic understanding of streaming and distribution models and economics
- Some experience in CRM, social media
- Highly articulate, literate and digitized
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel essential. Experience with HubSpot an asset
- Willing to work hours as needed to grow our business
What we offer
- An exciting opportunity in a fast-paced, dynamic and music-driven environment
- Competitive compensation
- Reimbursement of benefits
- 401k plan
This is a fantastic opportunity to get into a fast-growing, well-funded company early with a vision to change an industry.