Deadline: September 29, 2022
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is seeking applications from eligible candidates for the position of Investment Support Officer.
FAO is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
- Participate in, and possibly lead, multi-disciplinary teams for implementation support and preparation for final evaluation of investment and financing support solutions
- Provide technical expertise for the preparation of studies and strategies on food and agriculture, rural development, natural resource management and agro-industry, in the formulation of investment policies, plans and programs national sectoral and/or sub-sectoral
- Support the development of inclusive and sustainable food systems involving producers, their organizations, other private sector actors, civil society organizations and governments
- Formulate and implement capacity building initiatives in food and agriculture, rural development, natural resource management and agribusiness investment support to government staff , non-state actors and private sector organizations
- Prepare documents in accordance with the requirements of FAO, governments and financial partners
- Provide support in organizing tasks, selecting consultants, preparing terms of reference and ensuring the quality of results
- Promote international cooperation and collaboration leading to new investment opportunities and cooperative agreements
- Promote best practices and effective policy dialogue, and provide technical expertise at international meetings
- Establish, promote and maintain relationships with relevant Strategic Programmes, FAO Technical Units and Decentralized Offices
- Participate in resource mobilization activities in line with FAO corporate strategy
- Orient and advise junior staff
- Advanced university degree in economics, agricultural economics, agricultural sciences, environmental sciences, agro-industry management, natural resources management, irrigation and drainage engineering, rural infrastructure engineering, social sciences or in a related domain
- Seven years of relevant experience in conducting agricultural/rural sector/sub-sector analytical studies and/or in the planning, design, supervision of agricultural and rural investment operations, including the development of feasibility studies and the implementation of agricultural and rural investment operations in developing countries and/or countries in transition
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another official FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish)
To apply and for more information, Click here.
image source: DFAT