POSITION BASED IN ANY MSF-OCBA HUB SUBJECT TO FEASIBILITY
Médecins Sans Frontières is an independent international medico-humanitarian organization which provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and without distinction of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to assisting other human beings in crisis. MSF is therefore an association by choice. Each individual working with MSF does so out of conviction and is ready to defend the values and principles of MSF.
The MSF movement is built around six operational directorates. MSF OCBA is one of these directorates. Operations are implemented by field teams and mission coordination teams; as well as organizational units based in Barcelona and decentralized in Nairobi, Dakar and Amman. Field operations are guided and supported by 5 operational cells, the emergency unit and other departments supporting the operations, including the medical department and projects and IT.
MSF-OCBA continuously adapts processes and tools to improve efficiency, data quality and information management. As part of the MSF-OCBA strategic plan and open knowledge objectives, the organization requires high quality support and evolution of its technical solutions (applications) available to teams, both in the field and at headquarters.
This position aims to strengthen the support provided to MSF OCBA to solve incidents and standard requests of the applications included in the service catalog. Specifically, this position will provide a 1st level support mainly but not exclusively in relation to the applications deployed in the Operational Departments (OPS, LOG, MED), i.e. with a strong eHealth component (DHIS2 as Health Management Information System, Kobo and Solstice as tools electronic surveys, Odoo like Inventory Management or advanced Excel files for different purposes to name only the main ones).
PLACEMENT WITHIN THE ORGANIZATION CHART
The Application Support Officer will be placed within the Applications team (Projects and IT Unit, P&IT). Through this, they will also work closely with:
- The eHealth Manager as a functional/hierarchical supervisor.
- Members of the eHealth/Apps4Ops team for 2nd line support.
- The P&IT Apprenticeship Referent.
- Members of Customer Departments (Medical, Logistics and Operational).
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Provide first-line support to application users within defined service level objectives:
- Serve as the 1st point of contact for all users seeking technical/functional support;
- Correct classification of incidents/requests received;
- Perform remote troubleshooting using relevant questions or diagnostic techniques;
- Determine the best solution based on this by following standard guidelines;
- Redirect unresolved incident/service requests to 2nd level support;
- Monitoring the life cycle of incidents/service requests by keeping users informed of progress;
- Absorption of new tasks when a 2nd line incident/request becomes standard procedure.
- Provide monthly written summaries of application support (ticket resolution, issue classification…) through the selection, maintenance and use of relevant KPIs (Key Performance Indicators).
- Keep the configuration of the ticketing tool up to date.
- Create a knowledge base easily accessible by application users.
- Maintain a list of incident/service request resolution procedures
- Support technical experts to maintain documentation related to different applications (instructions, manuals, training modules).
- Support technical owners to maintain a list of evolutions/improvements of existing solutions and even to identify new business and define functional needs.
- Stay up to date on the latest status of deployed applications.
- Available to participate in training sessions (exceptionally, some of them may require field trips).
- Support the deployment of evolutions or new applications leading communication with end users.
- Engage with external application communities, groups, or external vendors whenever necessary to comply with any of the above tasks.
Training and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or engineering, or equivalent technical experience or training
- Experience in providing application and IT support for a diverse, non-technical and geographically dispersed user community
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Fluent English, both spoken and written
- Fluency in French and Spanish, both oral and written
- Experience writing user documentation
- Knowledge of tools used as advantageous health data systems (DHIS2, Kobo, Solstice…)
- Experience with ticketing tools: Zendesk, Elixir…
- Mastery of the main O365 products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.)
- Windows systems administration experience
- Advanced Excel programming is advantageous
- Commitment to MSF principles
- Intercultural awareness
- Behavioral flexibility
- Stress management
- Analytical thinking
- Results and quality orientation
- Service orientation
- Planning and organization
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Position based in any MSF OCBA hub (Barcelona, MSF-Spain office delegations, Amman, Dakar or Nairobi). The final location will be subject to the employability of the pre-selected candidate (residence, work permit, etc.).
- Minimum commitment with the position of 3 years.
- A full-time job.
- Annual gross salary: HQ-2B (12 monthly payments) + secondary benefits based on MSF-OCBA reward policy. Subject to local conditions.
- Start date: immediately.
How to register
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter: https://careers.msf-applications.org/job-invite/6644/
Closing Date: July 31, 2022, 11:59 p.m. CET (Central European Time)
MSF is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, race, nationality and culture. People from minority groups, indigenous groups and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We are committed to achieving a balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. MSF offers a working environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, integrity and a healthy work-life balance. MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any type of harassment, including sexual harassment and discrimination. All selected candidates will therefore be subject to reference checks.
Médecins Sans Frontières, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of the “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invites people with recognized disabilities and with an interest in the humanitarian field to apply for the above position.