- Various full-time permanent and term positions within the Academic Operations Unit
- HEW Level 5: $71,274 – $78,213 plus 17% super
- Located on the Hawthorn Campus
Swinburne embarks on an exciting journey, working towards our new vision of bringing people and technology together to build a better world. Academic Support Officers will work under the general direction of the Manager, Academic Services to provide a wide range of professional services to support the Department Heads and Academic Staff of the School.
We recruit Academic Support Officers across the Academic Operations Unit, with term and continuing opportunities available. Academic Support Officers provide administrative support to Academic Department Chairs and play a key role in connecting academic staff to University administrative processes and services. These positions also provide support relating to departmental and school personnel compliance with procedures and processes across the Academic Operations Unit, and are responsible for a wide range of operational duties to meet school requirements. In particular, these positions will play a critical role in the administrative requirements surrounding the engagement and administration of sessional academic staff.
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne is a young university with a long history. As a dual-sector university of technology, born out of a technical college, we are proud of Swinburne’s technology DNA and our national and global reputation. Our contribution to technology, entrepreneurship, innovation and STEM disciplines, as well as our track record of meaningful industry and community engagement, are natural manifestations of the legacy initiated by the vision of our founders George and Ethel Swinburne in 1902. We offer postgraduate, undergraduate, professional education and online education to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
To be suitable for the position, you will be duly qualified and possess the following:
- Demonstrated high level of confidential administrative support to senior management.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills, particularly in relation to maintaining relationships with a wide range of networks and multiple communication channels with internal and external stakeholders.
- Well-developed analytical skills, attention to detail and ability to review and assess systems to ensure effective and ongoing office management.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and ability to manage competing and conflicting deadlines.
- Highly proficient in the use and management of electronic diaries and computer skills including email, word processing, Excel spreadsheets and database and PowerPoint packages.
A full list of selection criteria is available in the job description.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted gym memberships and specials
- Participate in regular staff and management development programs
- Discounts on private health insurance
To learn more about the wide range of benefits available to Swinburne employees, please see Benefits and see the ‘Benefits’ section.
How to apply and more information
For see job description or for start an app please click apply Where ‘to start’ and send a CV, cover letter and answer to the key selection criteriaas indicated in the job description.
For more information on this position, contact Ashley Carden (Associate Director, Academic Services) by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are having technical difficulties with your application, please contact the recruitment team on email@example.com
Diversity and Inclusion
Equity and diversity are integral to achieving our 2025 vision of bringing people and technology together to build a better world. Swinburne is a large, culturally diverse organization and we pride ourselves on our commitment to equity and inclusion through key initiatives such as:
- Reconciliation Action Plan
- Cultural Diversity Charter
- Action Plan for Gender Equity in Science in Australia (SAGE)
- Swinburne’s LGBTIQA+ Pride, Gender Equality, Accessibility and Intergenerational Inclusion Strategies
For more information on all of our initiatives, visit our Equity and Diversity website. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Help and support
We are committed to making the recruitment process fair and equitable for all of our applicants. If you have specific accessibility or support needs, please contact Norden tide, Head of Diversity and Inclusion at firstname.lastname@example.org. For assistance or questions regarding Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact Timothy Werner at DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au
Swinburne offers flexible work options, time off and parental/caregiver policies to support work-life balance.
Victoria’s Minister of Health orders require all workers at Swinburne to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they are an excepted person as defined by the Compulsory Vaccination Order 2021 COVID-19 pandemic (specified workers) (#1). All applicants must therefore be able to comply with this requirement.
Applications closed at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 1, 2022.
(Agency inquiries will not be accepted for this position)